HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't no if this is true but I was told this by a guy that works for HK as a sales rep. I want someone from HK to let me no if this is true. I no that the SL8-6 is gone so it sounds like a great idea to me and by being USA made you can do 30 round mags or even make it take HK416 or MR556 mags. He also told me the retail price was going to be around $1500.00

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I think also it's to good to be true

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,856 Posts
Sounds to me like somebody has had one too many long, slow hits on the crack pipe. Why would HK want to set up an entire factory line here in the USA to sell a gun that has had, in relative terms, dismal sales? Further, what prospects for increased sales to justify the multi-million dollar investment? Allrightythen... Time for a new bottle of Scotch.

Edit: I'm talking about the SL8 version of the G36. There has been no *actual* G36 available for civilian use in semi in the US.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I don't know much about how HK does their production or how complicated the molds and dies are for the G36, but how difficult would it be to bring the injection molding dies over here to do these? Doesn't HK-USA already make the frames for some of the guns here? So they already have the plastic work end of it started. Mold up the plastic parts here in the US, and send everything else in from Germany (except for the barrels of course). They would even need to make barrels, everybody with an SL8 would just buy the raw plastic parts from them anyway without anything else.
And with all the plastic on that gun, you have to think that they would be pretty cheap to make over here if they did decide to make everything here.
Or just bring the molds and dies for the XM8 over here. They are probably sitting around in Germany collecting dust, with no return on any investment and not making them any money.
Sorry, rant off.
And probably not going to happen anyway, so not getting hopes up at all.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Could be cool if it comes to pass, I know a lot of folks have lusted after the G36 for awhile now, I think they'll sell a ton if it's truly a semi-only G36. Would be interesting to see it in say a 3-gun match or show up at the various shooting schools.

·
11,856 Posts
I've got a question or three into HK right now. I'd love to be very wrong on this. It could mean a paradigm shift in HK's market approach if it were true.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone wanted a 416 and 417 so they built the MR556 and the MR762 so I feel it's kind of the same thing they could do here

·
11,856 Posts
Yes, but the MR series is a joint effort, not a solo thing.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Everyone wanted a 416 and 417 so they built the MR556 and the MR762 so I feel it's kind of the same thing they could do here
Correct 'everyone' being LEO contracts who didn't want their officers to have the "Rock and Roll" option on the bang-switch...a civilian G36 has no significant LEO value in the land of the AR-15 worshippers...considering HK's sore attitude at many SWAT units trashing their MP5s for inferior weapons to emulate SF forces unless a SIGNIFICANT shift has happened as SG suggests (which is extremely doubtful given the political climate and upcoming election) this is complete fantasy...until something more substantial than a semi-employee's hearsay manifests I say "Hogwash"

·
Banned
88 Posts
But you got to admit, it would be so nice... I'm gonna keep dreaming....

·
Registered
291 Posts
A G36 for $1500...sounds too good to be true but I think we'd all want one lol. I've been waiting a long time for it to hit the civilian market.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd be 1st in line for one but I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Think it has about as much a chance happening as HK bringing a semi MP7 to the US civilian market. All want it but know it will not happen in my lifetime.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bring back the 93.
I would like to see any roller lock come back. They should bring back the old school good stuff.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts