HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of new UMP rails off gunbroker. The seller had tons of positive feedback, and no negatives in the past 60 days.

Seller's name? Dropdbomb. After I sent the paypal, it showed the seller to be none other than Dana Reed.

Anybody bought anything from dropdbomb recently and it went smoothly?

·
Super Moderator
4,380 Posts
I've completed nine deals on gunbroker with that seller and never had a problem. Only one of the deals has been in the last few months.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
I've had dealings with him too, without issue.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Yes it is Dana Reed, one of the worst crooks on the net. Personally I would run not walk from this deal....

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,657 Posts
No such username here.

·
Super Moderator
4,380 Posts
Dana Reed, by any name, is banned here. I believe his user name here used to be "screen", and he was banned back in mid-2006.

·
11,657 Posts
My search-fu is, indeed, weak today.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That name is absolutely verboten on the AR15.com board, but I will say this; I fell into a deal like yours for a gun transfer with a later to be learned black balled person and he actually came through. Took a little time and a lot of communication, but it worked out in the end.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i had a good experience with him on a PSG-1 trunnion i didint realize who i'd been dealing with until my part arrived at my door,3 days after i paid him.now i make it a point to search everyones screen name all over the net befor i purchase.

but would i d buisness with him again??? most likely if he has something i want at a good price

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought some G36 mags from him... once.
Condition was listed as "New".
When I finally got them, they were scratched and clearly had been used, powder residue inside the mag and wear on the followers.
I called him back and told him about it... he says "Well, I never gave them the white glove test" then became a real A-hole.
I refuse to EVER buy anything from him again.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
He is banned everywhere else.I have no direct dealings so no first hand knowledge,but I have read firsthand to stay away from him in numerous sites???Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I found the following in a search.

Dana Lee Reed - DOB 03/21/61

Current Phone Number as of 3/15/05
813 298 0454

813-833-9552
Fax 813-835-5773

AKA:

Manny Diaz
Dan Perez
Lee
YURI SLEGR
ASC
dropdbomb
dropdbombnow
nukem99
wegothk
luvmy45
plantedbyhk
freddysdead
FLAMETHROWER99
nica21
NukeIraq
nukemallmommy
munitionsguy
Big D

Running business on this website
http://gileadwebservices.com/machinegunner/index.html

Tampa Bay Military & Police Supply
501 S Falkenburg Rd
D-18
Tampa, FL 33619
813-662-9433

Has used these business names:

CPD Parts and Accessories,
GLOBAL DEFENCE SYSTEMS,
Arms Sourcing Corp,

ASC INTERNATIONAL USA
3225 S. MACDILL AVE STE 129-238
TAMPA, FL 33629
309-405-5382

Uses these email addresses
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Has used the following addresses:
1. 3414 W DORCHESTER ST TAMPA FL 33611 <---This is one is current on him!
2. 3404 TAMBAY AV W TAMPA FL 33629

G.D.S. inc.
3225 S.MacDill Ave.
Suite 129-238
Tampa,FL.33629-8171

GLOBAL DEFENSE SYSTEMS, INC.
501 SO. FALKENBURG RD.,UNIT E-9
TAMPA FL 33619

Officer/Director

REED, DANA
501 SO. FALKENBURG RD.,UNIT E-9
TAMPA FL 33619

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Ok, I take back what I said. The dirt bag sold me a like new, perfect G3 barrel on GB. I got it and it had rust pits in front of the chamber. I emailed him, never heard a word. Name of wegothk. I never knew until I saw the name on the list. I'd like to meet this bastard in a dark alley.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
All the addresses are for a mail box drop off service in Tampa. There is a reason this guy is banned from virtually every gun board on the internet and has to use so many different aliases. Yes he may not have ripped you off but he has ripped off alot of people. Please dont support this dirtbag by dealing with him...

·
11,657 Posts
Thanks for all of the heads up for any would-be purchaser from this guy. I think that we have learned a few things:
  • Some transactions can go well
  • Most transactions with this guy will not go well
  • A lot of folks do not think that he is an ethical business man
  • He goes by a lot of aliases
While I'm certain that this thread could go on forever with tales of how folks got burned, I'm guessing that the point is indelibly made about Dana Reed's methods. It is incumbent upon everyone to "do their homework". I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for any Reed activity on the board (as will the rest of the mods). Let's lock this up now and get back to more important things... Like donating ammo to straightgrain's MP7 fund...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.