HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of just decided to do it before prices got much higher. Just bought and paid for a commercial import P7 with the old style magazine release in 95% or better shape, it'll show up at my FFL on saturday... what's next? what things do I need to know? Have I gone crazy? Will post pics once i have it in hand.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
What's next?

Go shoot it and enjoy, that's what's next in the logical progression of things now!!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
It'll get hot when shooting several mags consecutively at the range. Take another gun to alternate with. You'll end up buying another one anyways.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Same here. I'd love to have an M13 but I'm fine with my regular NDS P7 until I after I get some NFA items, first.

OP, if you get wood grips, get the Nills. Mine came with G4u grips when I bought it and the quality of the carving looks like poo. I put the plastics back on it. I've also got an Alessi holster for it. Not sure what it's worth but I'll sell it to you if you want it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What is next

A lot of cash

but all kidding aside you can go a number of ways; rifle or pistol; old or new; full size vs compact.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
my poor wallet.... well I guess the first thing would be finding some wood grips that fit it. Older style protruding mag release no flush mags grips.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You're on your way.....several of the regulars here have Nills wood grips and it will complete the look of your P7. Damn sexy if you ask me!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
What's next? Get an HK roller locked carbine or rifle and truly join us

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Same here. I'd love to have an M13 but I'm fine with my regular NDS P7 until I after I get some NFA items, first.

OP, if you get wood grips, get the Nills. Mine came with G4u grips when I bought it and the quality of the carving looks like poo. I put the plastics back on it. I've also got an Alessi holster for it. Not sure what it's worth but I'll sell it to you if you want it.
Man, that's bad news to me. I have a set of G4u on the way. I tried to skimp on some change, that's what I get.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The fit was good, they were just ugly. If you'd like, I'll take pics of them when I get home and post here if you want to know how they look.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Does it include a cylinder brush? If not buy one, and a scraper tool. That is what I would think about next. These little pistols are great, but keeping them clean is important.

Congratulations on your P7!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shoot it! :) I would clean it and make sure it is lubricated before heading to the range. I would shoot it as it is and after becoming familiar with the handgun, decide if any mods might be added due to personal preference.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm still waiting for USPS to deliver it. the expected date was the 7th... and it hasn't updated since the 6th. FFL is closed on sun/mon but I'm optimistic about tues. anytime before saturday is ok really though, Sat I'll go put some rounds down range and I hope it's able to make the trip.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts