HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else shares the sentiments

First off, after doing a lot of buying and selling on different boards recently, I have come to a greater appreciation of HKPRO.com. It is like a warm home after being on boards full of arrogance, ignorance, and sometimes just plain jibberish. Despite the "HK superiority complex" (according to HK haters, this is a disease we have), this is by far the friendliest and yet most informative board i've ever been a part of.

Here's my rant.
Respect......apparently it's just a song by Aretha Franklin......and nothing else these days. The recent news of a civilian 416 and 417 has really stirred up a lot of activity among all facets of the gun community. Both HK lovers and haters are just beside themselves. I have seen countless "bonfire" (full of flames) threads about how "i'm not buying a H und K AR, that's stupid.......they're stupid.........and you're stupid if you like HK." Fine, don't.......sit there and shut up. I did agree with the "because you suck and we hate you" rant in that gun people pick a brand and everything else sucks.......and it's sad. It's pathetic really. These are the people I blame for an obvious loss of quality over the last 20 years or so. If you don't believe me, i'll show you side by side versions of a W.German Sig vs. a US production Sig. It's the same story for my Italian Beretta vs the US production 92. Everybody and their dog wants something different in a weapon......and manufacturers are compromising quality signature products for things that are a little lighter, or a little cheaper, or conform to some trend that the other guy stumbled across........until in a few years.....everything is just an unrecognizable hunk of plastic crap.

And I swear........the next couch commando clown that claims that a 9mm is as worthless as a pellet gun....or some other idiot comparison..... should have to go spend the rest of the of the day down range replacing targets at a shooting school for the blind........on 9mm day. Just kiddning. These people might as well just post a thread in all caps saying "I CAN'T HIT WHAT I AIM AT". Seriously, I think when anyone makes a comment that any bullet "worthlessness". I think these people should be forced to carry a .50BMG or 20mm handgun.......and nothing else......ever. Have fun with that. In the human vs. human game, it's the operator, not the gun. I'll take a pro with a .22 over the beginner with the .44 every day of the week. If you want to discuss bullet effectiveness and penetration, go talk about Kodiak grizzly's or cape buffalo. Like Jeff Cooper said, "the only thing that will put a man down 100% of the time is a supersonic telephone pole"

And one final thing, is anyone else sick of reading threads and coming across a very rude post. Some know it all spouting some quote that almosts sounds like it was straight out of psych 101 or sociology 101 bunk at some lesser liberal arts college. And when you look at the name and info, it reads as follows: "junior member........Posts:2". Whether it's some rookie that's arrogant and trying to prove something, or some hippie signing on for a goof, I have no time nor tolerance for your desire to stir up trouble, so keep it off my computer screen. Respect..........have some, and you'll get some.

WARNING: The previous were the opinions of Pointblank4445, and does not necessarily reflect the thoughts of HKPRO.com. Pointblank4445 has never been in a gunfight and hopes never to be in one and thinks everyone should try and get along. Pointblank4445 knows that this will never happen, and that's why he has guns........lots of guns.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Sounds good to me. Although depending upon the day I have made a comment or two here and there myself.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I seldom let anything I read on the internet bother me. Remember these are only people's opinions and right or wrong, it's the way that they feel about whatever subject is discussed. I'm all for hearing all sides of the argument, sometimes it helps me decide on an issue or changes my mind. I own an HK93 and P7 and really like both weapons! I also have a PTR-91 and an MP5 pistol built by Jayson at I.G.F. But I can't figure out for the life of me why you HK guys get so upset when someone posts in disagreement with you. Like I said, it's only opinions and everybody has one, so hear and be heard-that's what makes it great! There's no need in getting upset just because everyone doesn't agree with you.

ARKAR

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't say that i'm upset.......just tired. Opinions are fine, in fact they are great. Too many people are just going around giving their opinions as fact. I feel like a high school composition teacher sometimes......."more references and proper source citations, people."

If you think i'm wrong, go to another board or use the term "IMHO", they won't have a clue what you are talking about

·
Registered
886 Posts
I wouldn't say that i'm upset.......just tired. Opinions are fine, in fact they are great. Too many people are just going around giving their opinions as fact. I feel like a high school composition teacher sometimes......."more references and proper source citations, people."

If you think i'm wrong, go to another board or use the term "IMHO", they won't have a clue what you are talking about
This actually is one of the more civilized boards on the net. Some of them out there are just plain painful to read. This is however an HK board and may tend to be biased toward HK made weapons. Imagine that ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
This actually is one of the more civilized boards on the net. Some of them out there are just plain painful to read. This is however an HK board and may tend to be biased toward HK made weapons. Imagine that ;-)
I agree, and attribute it to the moderators. They are what make this board just a little different. And much better, imo.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
We have all heard, "opions are like a-holes..... everyone has one," I know that my thoughts are just that, mine. I also know not everyone will agree.

That is one of the things that makes this a wonderful country. We don't all have to agree.

Sure, I like hearing a good debate. I also want to be informed on all sides of the story. Then I am capadle of making up my own mind. I also like some time to think about it.

For someone to simply state another's product is superior than mine. I usually just think that they are not serious or that they don't fully know what they are talking about. I am not stating my product is superior, I would be a fool to say so. but when you see someone blasting off with just complete ingornance. Sometimes, it's just best to respect them and let them make their selves a fool. TJ

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
HKPro forum is so much more professional, polite, and courteous (for the most part). Posts/threads are pretty much the same, the other forums dont compare to this one, the only other forum I like that is similar in professionalism is the FN Forum.net - I agree 100% - most of the boards seem to have alot of 'trash talk' - for lack of a better term.

*Salute to Tom, and the other mods!! Well done...keep up the great work you do here every day that makes this forum the best-of-the-best!*

·
Registered
554 Posts
And I swear........the next couch commando clown that claims that a 9mm is as worthless as a pellet gun....or some other idiot comparison..... should have to go spend the rest of the of the day down range replacing targets at a shooting school for the blind........on 9mm day. Just kiddning. These people might as well just post a thread in all caps saying "I CAN'T HIT WHAT I AIM AT". Seriously, I think when anyone makes a comment that any bullet "worthlessness". I think these people should be forced to carry a .50BMG or 20mm handgun.......and nothing else......ever. Have fun with that. In the human vs. human game, it's the operator, not the gun. I'll take a pro with a .22 over the beginner with the .44 every day of the week. If you want to discuss bullet effectiveness and penetration, go talk about Kodiak grizzly's or cape buffalo. Like Jeff Cooper said, "the only thing that will put a man down 100% of the time is a supersonic telephone pole"
When I was your age I thought I knew a lot about ballistics too. I used to defend the 9mm also.
Funny thing happened as I grew older, and learned more, I don't defend the 9mm anymore:)
I would like to know what your thoughts are 20 years from now. Funny that you should quote Jeff Cooper, a big proponent of the .45ACP.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This board is biased to HK fanatics. If you want objective opinions of the range of weapons platforms out there you'll need to look elsewhere. HK makes fine weapons but it is not the panacea to many of the other brands problems. Some here are diehard fans with good experience with their tools while some others prefer to be multifaceted or crosstrained.

"...It is like a warm home after being on boards full of arrogance, ignorance, and sometimes just plain jibberish. Despite the "HK superiority complex" (according to HK haters, this is a disease we have), this is by far the friendliest and yet most informative board i've ever been a part of..."

It will stay friendly as long as you stay HK...

·
Registered
506 Posts
well said

I agree, and attribute it to the moderators. They are what make this board just a little different. And much better, imo.
right ho! Jolly well said mate! +1
I know I'm far from perfect. and sometimes I foolishly try to say something to someone who I think is rude only to get the response that you would expect, and then wonder why I bothered. But all in all, I love this board because the people are decent and the language is clean and the opinions are of value, at least I think so.

·
Registered
329 Posts
While I do agree with most points, .25 ACP is indeed worthless. Saw one shot into a 1/4" thick piece of plywood and got stuck about halfway through.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ok I just confesed foot in mouth desease and here I go. My grandfather carried an HK 4 in the .25 for years in the woods as a "snake gun" or to dispatch game that was traped but still fighting mad. But I would agree. A .22 would have done as well for what he was using it for. Still, people love what they love and thats what makes horse raceing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
"In My Honest Opinion" :D
I've always heard and used it as 'in my humble opinion'...though most opinions aren't the least bit humble in nature.

Byte

·
Registered
569 Posts
Awesome, now I can avoid that confusion when hitting the forums.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts