HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm at work today winding down about 2 hours before closing when this older BMW pulls up. A Jamaican in an auto tech outfit gets out & comes into the gunshop. He works a few doors down, & wants a gun because he works late, & it's not in the best neighborhood. He's never shot before, & wants to take the concealed weapons course. So I show him a Glock, & a M&P compact. I then put 3 hollowpoints on the counter. 9mm, 40 SW, & 45 ACP. He loves the 45, & I say "I see you have a BMW, do you want the best gun in the store that's made in Germany"? He says sure, so I show him the HK USP 45c. I tell him I could have any gun in the store, but I carry the HK. I show it to him pointing out the DE & stag's horn approval marks. I then take the gun apart, along with a Glock, & point out the recoil spring showing him how much superior the HK unit is. He says "I'll take it" gives me the plastic, & left with a big smile on his face. I love my job. GARY N4KVE?

·
Registered
51 Posts
So I'm at work today winding down about 2 hours before closing when this older BMW pulls up. A Jamaican in an auto tech outfit gets out & comes into the gunshop. He works a few doors down, & wants a gun because he works late, & it's not in the best neighborhood. He's never shot before, & wants to take the concealed weapons course. So I show him a Glock, & a M&P compact. I then put 3 hollowpoints on the counter. 9mm, 40 SW, & 45 ACP. He loves the 45, & I say "I see you have a BMW, do you want the best gun in the store that's made in Germany"? He says sure, so I show him the HK USP 45c. I tell him I could have any gun in the store, but I carry the HK. I show it to him pointing out the DE & stag's horn approval marks. I then take the gun apart, along with a Glock, & point out the recoil spring showing him how much superior the HK unit is. He says "I'll take it" gives me the plastic, & left with a big smile on his face. I love my job. GARY N4KVE?
lol. what is the significance of the stag's horn if someone can enlighten me?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The stag's horn is the German model HK markings.
A Bell with a "P" in the middle are the US model HK marking
Thanks for the explanation, I never really thought about where mine was made... guess it's made in Germany. It's a very elegant design, the stag horn.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The stag horns are the symbol of the Ulm Proof House, an independent testing facility in Germany. Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts