HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have 4 other HK guns. Yes I have at least 25 other handguns. (I own a training company gatorfarmtactical.com) But, I still seem to have my 10 year old P2K on me when I leave the house. Is something wrong with me? :600:

·
Registered
604 Posts
The P2000 is a fantastic CCW firearm. Like many of us, I have owned a large number of firearms and yet still carry a P2000 9milly quite frequently. As a lefty it has excellent ergonomics and is super easy to shoot. Nothing wrong with you at all, you just have excellent taste!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
P2000 357 lem

My favored carry is a factory P2000 357 Sig LEM V1.
Running the X-Large backstrap. It handles hot full power 357 Sig easily :cool:
Light, compact and thin - it's the gun I keep coming back to for concealed carry.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Same here, 5 HKs, 23 handguns total and the P2000 V1 in 357SIG is what I carry (357 conversion,originally a .40).

Just got notified on WED by Rick from Lazy Wolf guns that he's finished his work on it (Master Reset Reduction Package and prep for refinishing) and it's arriving at Robar tomorrow to start the "Norton Special" in NP3 +. I'm also having the spare .40 barrel done and 2 magazines. IF I didn't think the P2K V1 was about the perfect CCW gun, there's just no way I'd put an additional $800+ dollars into it. I'm signed up for a Rob Pincus class on 20APR and I'm really hooping to have it back in time.....

My next HK buy just might be a P2K-9 V2, just so I can send the upper off to match my Lazy Wolf lower, thereby giving a 3 caliber P2K (and a spare lower).

Chuck

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Nothing wrong with you--- my "22 year old" USP45FS goes everywhere with me--- even to bed!!!

Tony
I thought I was the only one who sleeps with a USP .45 under the pillow lol
=)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ha! was thinking the same thing:) At first I thought there was a new pistol out I hadn't heard of.
Not the 1st person to use the abbreviation of the gun. Other members have done it before when they ran out of room in their signature. But on to the gun, HK Should have made a threaded barrel for this gun when it came out..I have the .40 LEM but wish I had it in the 9mm.Had the 2000sk in 9mm and sold it and still regret it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I prefer my P2KSK for CCW, but love the P2K as well. Although i can shhot the v3 just fine, I'll be doing an LEM conversion on both to try for a while. Of all the handguns I've shot and owned, nothing feels as good in my hand and is as pleasant to shoot like the P2K guns. My all time favorite HK handguns to date, which l love even more than my old USP.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 'new guy' question. I seem to have better accuracy/reliability with 124 gr ammo in my P2000. Is that typical for the P2K(?) or HKs in general?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Interesting question. All I shoot in all my 9mm guns is 147gr. Buy em by the 1000's and never really considered anything else. In .45 it's 230gr and nothing else. I like to keep things simple. Any reason to change?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have a 'new guy' question. I seem to have better accuracy/reliability with 124 gr ammo in my P2000. Is that typical for the P2K(?) or HKs in general?
Individual firearms even within the same run have a tendency to be slightly more accurate with a specific bullet weight/manufacturer. Sometimes the difference is marginal but it is almost always there. If 124s work in your particular sample then no further digging is needed. Pick what works best in your gun and tire yourself out practicing with that load.

As far as reliability, the 124 bullet is slightly heavier and is likely to have a little more recoil impulse assuming that it isn't a light load. That usually equates to improved slide cycling and a theoretical improvement on reliability. That said I've run 10s of thousands of 115 gr WWB through my P2000s across the years and never had a bobble. Have you had a "reliability" issue with other bullet weights in your P2k?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts