HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I were on our way to Cabelas today. We got to yapping and missed our exit to the PA Turnpike. We were already running late. So we said screw it, let's go to the Sportsman Center. We're in need of a new gun safe as we out grew our other one some time ago. Sportsman's carries the "Liberty" line.
At the shop, I'm getting an education on safes. And I hear "bigdaddy"..."BIGDADDY,GET OVER HERE!" To my surprise the wife is pointing out a "Slix" (wife speak for an SL6) on the rack. Within five minutes the staff is running a NICs check.
People, this thing is an easy 98-99%. If it was fired beyond factory test, maybe a mag. So.... The wife found "us" a ID-83 safe queen for $1300.00 out the door. Compared to what I've seen on GB over the past year or so. I think we got a fair deal. 2 ten rounders and 1 four all mint. Sight tool and manual.

Oh yeah, we also got a Lincoln 50 series Liberty. Delivery is next week.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,293 Posts
HK SL6 Find...

Very nice find and buy...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Their's a reason for everything I guess...

HK SL6 piece of history has found a great home...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Wow that thing looks mint! You got a great deal and yet another great piece to add to the collection.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ryan, without a doubt! About a year ago I brought home a SL7 (Mark, you were there). The wife said "you have gotten some funky looking stuff, but this thing is beautiful". With that came the interest. When it was on the rack it had a 10er in it. She knew it was a "Slix" because of the mag!

Mark, again, without a doubt! This thing is cherrrrrrry. I can call my HK collection ALMOST complete.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
And my friends say _I_ have scene control.

You've got your wife pointing out HK rifles for you to buy? Wow.

Heh - last year my wife saw my $900 receipt from Urbach I left in the kitchen from my MP5-N and burst pack conversion. So she now thinks that "little machine guns" cost $900.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
that is awesome!

congrats - if you ever decide to let it go, let me know :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
+1

It looks beautiful and prestine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh - last year my wife saw my $900 receipt from Urbach I left in the kitchen from my MP5-N and burst pack conversion. So she now thinks that "little machine guns" cost $900.
Nice!

The wife has a very healthy interest in firearms. She's been hunting since she was a little thing. And I turned her onto punching paper when we met 10+ years ago. Her first handy was a USP40. When she graduated the academy, I bought here a Benelli SBE (duck hunting is one of her greatest passions). It brought her to tears. Seriuosly.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
There seems to be to kinds of HK fanatics wives. 1. Supporting 2. Non-supporting. My wife got a USPc 9mm from me ahwile ago. Then we saw Tombraider the movie, thought parts were pretty cool. Then we saw the cardboard cutout at a store of "Lara Croft/Jolie" if you look at that she has two 9mms not 45s-gotta love movies. So now the wife has two USPc 9mms and helped add one to the consecutive serial numbered P7M8's. I say I am thinking of getting a new HK and I hear from her "If it makes you really want it." Her latest purchase was a nickel P7M13 pretty close to NIB, it has some fouling in it/very minor. The real point is that shooting really is a family sport, you don't have to be very accurate at first to have fun. So for the guys/girls who have a significant others who don't like it- try including them in it then you can feel my pain and argue how she bought a M13 from under you,,,,,,,all smiles!

Very nice find by the way!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Both a SL 6 & SL 7 found there way into my vault this past year.

Both are in great shape, many mags and 05 mounts with both. They are keepers.

I don't have anything I don't shoot and I'm real glad I got these. About the most accurate semi autos I've ever fired right out of the box.

Just took the first coyote of the season with the SL 6 a week ago and if I ever get home again for more than a day, I'll have it in the field again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts