HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found myself at the Gun Show yesterday and was on the lookout for something a little smaller than my HK45. That's when I came across a AG date code P2000 .357 Sig with 2 10rds and 1 12rds mags that look like they have lightly been used for $700 with original box, shell, grips, lock, etc. So I found myself drooling and I ended up getting rid of my HK45 and went with the P2k. I did it, mainly because it fit my hand beautifully with the pinky catch on one of the mags. the other two are not that bad for back up..Also beacuse it is a hell of a lot easier CC with that beastly .357 round behind it. But as I figured I find myself sunken with regret and letting go of one of the most amazing pistol I've shot to compensate with with what I needed a pistol for....a practical tool for my EDC. I love the .357 sig's and I know that it will be harder to find one of these P2k on later dates and I can always find another full size HK45. Was this such a bad Idea?

Now it's time to scrape up the rest of my Fund Money and get my MO over to the HK45c Tan Group Buy and get my beloved .45's little brother ASAP!

· Registered
2,087 Posts
Unless the HK45C simply does not fit your hand... you didn't make a mistake. What, exactly, does the full size gun do that the Compact won't? A bit more sight radius, and a larger, different grip. That's it; period.

The HK45C is nothing more than a P2000 on steroids... with the shorter reset trigger of the USP. As far as I'm concerned, it is THE thing to have if a concealable, yet "serious" .45 ACP pistol is your goal.

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lsp for your reply. The HK45c is the goal... the full size was amazing, beautiful, but BIG. I'm 6'6 190 and it was too much for me. The .357 Sig was just an HK itch that I needed to scratch. But it also works with me for CCW perfectly with 2 more rds, I kind of like that but the HK45c is hands down the best in my eyes for what I need. That sig round is just really impressive and it's not that hard to find around my area for $2 dollars a box more that .45s.

· Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like you got what you wanted. I have p2000sk and she is a beauty! Go put some round through her!

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I've got all 3 of the guns mentioned and the HK45 fullsize would definitely be the last one to go. But that's just me.
Why? If you don't mine explaining. I didn't have money for the P2k and I needed something smaller. Plus Hk45's pop up everywhere around me for some reason and some at better prices than what I got for mine. I just never see the USP's or P2k's stamped with .357 on the slide that often... I know I will Get another Full Size HK45 soon after the group buy is done.

· Registered
1,247 Posts
For me its simple, the HK45 is my favorite handgun period. I plan on owning 2 more of them. I conceal my HK45 all the time. But you have to want to do it. Don't get me wrong your p2000 is a fine alternative. I am going to be getting my P2000 .357 back from Bowie tactical this week. I had the slide and levers redone in gray. I will post pics once its here. Bottom line, any HK is a good HK.

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Well I've got all 3 of the guns mentioned and the HK45 fullsize would definitely be the last one to go. But that's just me.
Same here. I have both HK45 and 45c. I like them both, but I prefer the HK45. It just feels better. The 45c carries better concealed, but that is not the only purpose I have for a handgun.
There is the nightstand gun, and simple shooting pleasure. I also pack a handgun while deer hunting, and I've carred the HK45 under hunting clothes without any problem.

I'll keep both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.