HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know holsters have been discussed to death, but one thing that hasnt been mentioned from searches I have done is which holster seems to stay tucked really well. I usually shoulder or OWB carry, but I have recently been in a few situations that require me to tuck in my shirt and be discrete. I pocket carry when I can, but I want to carry a USPc tucked because its too big to fit in my pocket.

My only criteria are that the holster not dig into my side, it is secure, and stays tucked whether sitting, standing, or bending.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Galco Flight Ops. I use one regularly.
How is the construction compared to other holsters. Compared to my usual holster makers I always found galco leather to be rather thick and not as solid structurally. Usually I use Sparks or Rosen, so I may be a bit spoiled in the leather department. What do you think of the holster?

EDIT: If you mean Galco Sky Ops, it only fits gets up to 1.25" belts, which is to thin for my gun belts.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been using a COMP-TAC CTAC for my USPc 40 LEM for a few months, it seems to stay in place very well in most positions, sittings, and bending, etc...; I have not had any problems with my shirts coming untucked. Recently I bought a MTAC off another board member; this one holds an USPc 45 LEM. I wore it for the first time last night; it as well seems to be a very good choice. I had it under a polo shirt, carried it for several hours throughout a local mall with out a jacket and not once did my shirt come out. The MTAC is more comfortable than the CTAC, however with the CTAC you get a more positive retention feel when holstering the pistol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
comp=tac shirt tucker
i use it with my fullsixe .45 everyday. for me though, i had to modify it a bit, cut the top tab off because it dug into my side but since i did that its perfect

·
Registered
82 Posts
Galco Flight Ops. I use one regularly.
+1

Although I do not use one regularly.

How is the construction compared to other holsters. Compared to my usual holster makers I always found galco leather to be rather thick and not as solid structurally. Usually I use Sparks or Rosen, so I may be a bit spoiled in the leather department. What do you think of the holster?

EDIT: If you mean Galco Sky Ops, it only fits gets up to 1.25" belts, which is to thin for my gun belts.
You can get an additional Y-Hook that fits 1-1/2" belts. Maybe that will help.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?ProductID=3286&CatalogID=418

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sparks and Rosen vs Galco.

Glaco IMO is the best "off the shelf" holster maker out there. Sparks and Rosen are semi-custom and have a wait time. Simply put--- Galco makes a very good product you can have immediatly while Sparks and Rosen make a great product you have to wait for. The only Galco holster I have bought that I thought was weak was the concealable model for my P2000sk. Flimsy and weak in comparison to the F/X, SOB and FLETCH models I have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have also been in the market for a good tuckable holster. The Skyops and Minotaur are on the top of my list. I am leaning towards the latter due to its adjustability and the more stable two clip design.

Do either of these holsters wear on the slide's finish?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do either of these holsters wear on the slide's finish?
My father has a Minataur for his Glock 23 that he is very happy with so far, however he hasn't had it long enough to tell if there is unnecessary wear. Very good value in the holster though... I'm ordering Tucker Gunleather's "The Answer", which appears to be largely the same design since the minataur doesn't support the USP Expert. $50 more than the minataur, however some of the reviews seems to claim that it's better than the comp-tac.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My father has a Minataur for his Glock 23 that he is very happy with so far, however he hasn't had it long enough to tell if there is unnecessary wear. Very good value in the holster though... I'm ordering Tucker Gunleather's "The Answer", which appears to be largely the same design since the minataur doesn't support the USP Expert. $50 more than the minataur, however some of the reviews seems to claim that it's better than the comp-tac.
Can you paste a link here for those reviews? I posted a question about the mtac vs the answer on another board and everyone seemed to prefer the quality and design of the mtac better. I would be interested to see what reviews that favor the answer had to say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts