HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a USP Compact .357 Sig that I love and I have an XD 9mm Sub compact. I want a house gun and something accurate at the range. I can get the USP for 650.00 shipped or the P30 for 722.00 shipped, I can't decide. Are the P30's reliable? are they proven... I need advice.....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Are they still made in germany like the USP's?
Due to the large amount of police/military contracts in Europe there are no plans of making the P30 anywhere else but in Germany.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the P30 have the same decock/saftey/fire lever as my USP compact?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Does the P30 have the same decock/saftey/fire lever as my USP compact?
There is no safety on the P30 and is very different from the USP. The decocker is located on the back of the frame to the left of the hammer (best decocker on any gun IMO).

The deocker can be seen here in this pic as it is the same on the P2000 as well.

Check out the HK-USA site for more pics and info
http://hk-usa.com/products.html

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna go with the USP full size, with the extra barrel length and the safety/decocker, and I just think that the USP looks like a classic H&K, whereas the P2000 and the P30 look a bit like a Ruger.

Thanks alot for all of the help guys, i'll post some pics once my new baby arrives.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wouldn't make my decision based on looks alone. I think the P30 and HK45 is the evolution of the USP. The looks change, but so do the ergonomics. I don't think they look like Rugers, they are just more streamlined than the USP series.

Either way you will get a great pistol, but I would say don't be too afraid of change.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't make my decision based on looks alone. I think the P30 and HK45 is the evolution of the USP. The looks change, but so do the ergonomics. I don't think they look like Rugers, they are just more streamlined than the USP series.

Either way you will get a great pistol, but I would say don't be too afraid of change.

Actually i'm coming from the XD and Glock family and loved the idea of the decoker and safety, i'm selling my XD 9mm service to go towards the USP 9mm, I do like the idea of the longer barrel, but if I get an H&K I want a safety. I also love the ergonomics of my USP Compact, plus i put houge grips on everything I use so the extra backstraps do nothing for me. I understand that the P30 is an evolution, but the thing that I've always loved about the Sigs and H&K are the distinctive looks, very german looking.

·
Registered
58 Posts
though I have never shot a p30, and I own a usp.. I looked at a P30 last week at a gun shop and man did It feel Nice!!! I had my heart set on a usp .45 compact as my next purchase but I think I will hold off and try to get a hk45c when it comes out...both usp and p30 are going to be great guns I guess it is just what fits you best...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
though I have never shot a p30, and I own a usp.. I looked at a P30 last week at a gun shop and man did It feel Nice!!! I had my heart set on a usp .45 compact as my next purchase but I think I will hold off and try to get a hk45c when it comes out...both usp and p30 are going to be great guns I guess it is just what fits you best...

And they both come with lifetime warranties...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Comparing HK45/P30 to a Ruger is harsh. The new series shoot very accurately and smooth. P30 is one of the best 9mm made. I am gonna add another P30 to my collection, It maybe a P30L if it hits the states.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm gonna go with the USP full size, with the extra barrel length and the safety/decocker, and I just think that the USP looks like a classic H&K, whereas the P2000 and the P30 look a bit like a Ruger.

Thanks alot for all of the help guys, i'll post some pics once my new baby arrives.
Since your USPc is a Variant 1, its probably not a bad idea that you decided on a range gun in the same configuration. As for accuracy, I shot the P30 better than the USPf in 9mm. That's the main reason why I ordered a P30 as a range gun, even though I carry a USPc V1. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
first off, whats wrong with the .357 C as a house gun? With that being said stick with what you know or are comfortable with. I stayed away from the p series because i didn't like the decocker location and preffered my v1 configuration.

get yourself a .40 fullsize and you can get a .357 barrel for it and a 9mm conversion barrel. 3 calibers and one gun. same can be done for your compact.

·
Registered
536 Posts

I think the P30 looks more like the Walther P99.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Had a P30L and then a HK45 and now a USP full sized .40 and very happy. I like the USP better, the recoil reduction system/ recoil spring seems better, the way the slide release is angled to not slam shut when a mag is hard inserted, stuff like that makes me not give a damn about the feel good to my hand grip. Plus I like the look of the USP, the safety lever, one slide release that dose'nt rattle. Mags are cheaper, comes in all calibers, all ready proven over a period of time, rated for +p and +p+ , whats not to like.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Since I picked up my P30L V1, my USP is getting less trigger time including dry firing. The LEM trigger feels so sweeeet!

I agree with Omega Man. The P30 series resembles the Walther P99's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts