HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in to my LGS to pick up my P8A1 from the group buy. As I was filling out the form, one of the clerks went to the back and brought out this box. The guys said "We saved this for you."

Brown Rectangle Wood Font Composite material

Rectangle Air gun Revolver Trigger Wood

Green Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

It's clearly been a safe queen. There's no obvious holster wear and the bore is pretty clean. I wonder if the wood grips were ever ordered or lost.

I don't think this is the original box.

Yeah, I bought it. Please be gentle with the mockery!

· Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Never ever stop going to your LGS. One thing I love about the private shops rather than the big box sport stores, and I try to do business with them even though it cost more to do so , is the fact that they get all kinds of trades, estate collections, and such. That is a fantastic find !!!!
You even got the manual and trigger adjustment wrench with it !

· Registered
1,024 Posts
I think that box is original. Some reason you don’t?
Is it .45 or 9?
Really an amazing score either way! Special gun. What a great find! Congrats!

-LGS related side comment. IMO it makes a lot of sense to focus your buys on one store. I have a friend, he focuses on one store to buy from. He buys a lot. Sometimes he pays $20-$80 “too much” for the latest newness but it more than balances out since he buys so much. Plus if it is a hot new gun he finds out first. Also he gets notices when something interesting comes in like this etc.
On the other hand, I have another friend who buys a lot of guns, close to what the first friend buys...but he always goes with whomever is cheaper. Hardly any of the stores know who he is much less let him know when something interesting comes in “used” like this P9. There is a lesson to be learned about the perks of loyalty and buying power there somewhere....
It seems like some people are offended when someone gets a great deal or chance to buy something like this but they didnt get the chance a regular loyal customer did.....
Fairly recent examples of recent purchases offered to the loyal customer who routinely pays 40-80 more for new releases:
P9S Target- $750
SP5K PDW (serial number in the 20s which should make it one of the first 10 in the country. He paid MSRP). Looking at sales of guns in the 30s that gun would likely sell for at least 2-3 times MSRP IMO. If you are someone who doesn’t think serial numbers this low should be worth more, they are.
Used and nice but shot a bit Bren 10 for $1000.
Original German new/old stock Sig P226S (X5 Tactical- first year with threaded barrel)- $750.
Another non HK that is one of the hottest pistols out there routinely unavailable or priced several hundred more than MSRP. He purchased for MSRP.
He also never abuses these perks by flipping them on GB etc.
Those offers weren’t extended to everyone. js.
Ymmv

· Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: loyalty and price
When the LGS staff showed me the P9S and quoted a price, I did a quick inspection but there wasn't any doubt that I was going to take it. The gun was in NRA condition Excellent/Excellent and came with 2 magazines plus another in the factory paper wrap, both barrels, both tools, and the manual.

Did I try to negotiate a "better" price? No - they showed me their pricing and we just settled up right then. It didn't make any sense to try to save a few bucks when they did a huge favor like that for me and after all of the other times they've transferred other firearms to me for free.

I don't like to talk about prices in public but I think the price was fair which was good enough for me.

re: original box
Mawashi: I think you're right. My box is original. I did some digging around and the box matches some of the other boxes with P9S on Gunbroker.

· Premium Member
123 Posts
I went in to my LGS to pick up my P8A1 from the group buy. As I was filling out the form, one of the clerks went to the back and brought out this box. The guys said "We saved this for you."

View attachment 354848

View attachment 354849

View attachment 354850

It's clearly been a safe queen. There's no obvious holster wear and the bore is pretty clean. I wonder if the wood grips were ever ordered or lost.

I don't think this is the original box.

Yeah, I bought it. Please be gentle with the mockery!
Mockery? More like jealousy. Nice find!

1,316 Posts
Really cool that they held this for you. It would have gone quickly once word got out. Good on you for not trying to beat them up on price. They earned whatever they made, so long as you're happy!!!

With a gun like that, even if the price was high, I wouldn't say you paid too much... you just paid it early, lol! Nice addition to any collection!

· Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Re: loyalty and price
When the LGS staff showed me the P9S and quoted a price, I did a quick inspection but there wasn't any doubt that I was going to take it. The gun was in NRA condition Excellent/Excellent and came with 2 magazines plus another in the factory paper wrap, both barrels, both tools, and the manual.

Did I try to negotiate a "better" price? No - they showed me their pricing and we just settled up right then. It didn't make any sense to try to save a few bucks when they did a huge favor like that for me and after all of the other times they've transferred other firearms to me for free.

I don't like to talk about prices in public but I think the price was fair which was good enough for me.

re: original box
Mawashi: I think you're right. My box is original. I did some digging around and the box matches some of the other boxes with P9S on Gunbroker.
Really cool that they held this for you. It would have gone quickly once word got out. Good on you for not trying to beat them up on price. They earned whatever they made, so long as you're happy!!!

With a gun like that, even if the price was high, I wouldn't say you paid too much... you just paid it early, lol! Nice addition to any collection!
EXACTLY RIGHT… they’re not making any more of them.

· Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, I'll fess up. What are the two calibers?

Is that a barrel weight in the pics? It can't be a comp, these guns were never made for those.
There's only one caliber - 9mm Luger. The kit comes with two barrels - one is 5" long, the other is 5.5".
The P9S Target is configurable into two modes, a competition and a combat mode. The competition configuration consists of the longer barrel with the front counterweight. The other mode is set up by just using the short barrel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts