HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and picked up my first H&K. Its a USPc in 9MM. Man this gun is built like a tank. I have to read the manual tonight and clean it. I didn't see a warrantee card. Their is the spent bullet case in an envelope with a name on it, an H&K sticker, an H&K lock, also what looks like a black key, and the manual. It came with a black H&K case, two 13 round mags. I bought an extra mag at the gun shop. Now I just need to get to the range this week.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Congrat's a great gun, i carry a stainless one everyday.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Now I just need to get to the range this week.
Yes, yes you do. That key-looking thing is for the built in safety lock. Make sure you check the manual for the proper position of the lock-out. Once you ensure that you have it unlocked, make that key disappear.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrats, I also got my first HK this week and a USP just the same except mine is in .40 S&W. headed out to a work buddies ranch tomorrow to pump some rounds through her.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes, yes you do. That key-looking thing is for the built in safety lock. Make sure you check the manual for the proper position of the lock-out. Once you ensure that you have it unlocked, make that key disappear.
Learned something new. Didn't know HK's had this. Is its existence anything like the Hillary Hole on S&W revolvers? Can it ever lock due to firing like the S&W revolver locks supposedly can?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Learned something new. Didn't know HK's had this. Is its existence anything like the Hillary Hole on S&W revolvers? Can it ever lock due to firing like the S&W revolver locks supposedly can?
I believe S&W was the first company to cave in to the pressure, and start putting internal locks on their guns. Since then, they're almost standard from most manufacturers, and required in atleast a few states.

I've never heard of one locking due to firing. However, I have heard of some hammer spring struts getting bent from people forcing the slide open with it locked.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got done with the first clean and oil. I made sure the lock out was set to fire. The best description I've read yet about the USPc is that its built like a tank with a Ferrari engine

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just picked up an HK USP FS 9mm the other day and it did come with a warranty card. I never have cared for warranty cards as they want too much information that has nothing to do with your purchase like how much money you make or what gun rags you read. I'll send mine in sans the income part. On second thought, the online registration would suit me better.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I just picked up an HK USP FS 9mm the other day and it did come with a warranty card. I never have cared for warranty cards as they want too much information that has nothing to do with your purchase like how much money you make or what gun rags you read. I'll send mine in sans the income part.
Just curious, what date code?

·
Registered
218 Posts
AK-probably 2009. My Compact 45 was AK as well but it came with no card...go figure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts