HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The irony of that on an HK forum is impressive. :ROFLMAO:
It's the pistol sub-forum...worst signal to noise ratio in this joint. Ain't no coincidence that it's the cheapest ticket into the HK world. Mofo's acting like a USP9 is in a different class when its stock trigger is also gritty s*it...or take any decent WML, or RDS milling (in 9mm at least), or fit into a proper holster.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I’m so spoiled by the SA trigger on my USPs that I can’t convince myself to even own a striker pistol again. Sold all my strikers in 2016 and have never missed them.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The problem is people spend too much time slow firing a trigger dry and worrying about how it "feels" and not enough time actually shooting.
The VP trigger is excellent for pretty much everything except maybe competitive bullseye shooting.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Keith120286 said:
Step 1: Sell VP9
Step 2: Buy USP9
This is the correct solution. Strikers are for the hoi polloi.
Oh, please.

If by ‘hoi polli’ one means people who carry the SFP9/VP9, such as GSG9, Japan Self Defense Forces, Bavarian State Police, and a bunch of other elite military and law enforcement agencies, then one’s definition differs from mine.

You have heard of GSG9, no? The gold standard of elite antiterrorist operators. The same people who made the (striker fired!) P7 pistols famous.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Oh, please.

If by ‘hoi polli’ one means people who carry the SFP9/VP9, such as GSG9, Japan Self Defense Forces, Bavarian State Police, and a bunch of other elite military and law enforcement agencies, then one’s definition differs from mine.

You have heard of GSG9, no? The gold standard of elite antiterrorist operators. The same people who made the (striker fired!) P7 pistols famous.
Um, it's literally called the Volkspistole ("People's Pistol").

·
Registered
154 Posts
I’m so spoiled by the SA trigger on my USPs that I can’t convince myself to even own a striker pistol again. Sold all my strikers in 2016 and have never missed them.
It's possible to have every bit as good of a single action trigger on a striker these days as a hammer-fired pistol. It's just that most of them don't come that way, and yeah, a lot of out-of-the-box striker triggers are mediocre, or worse. But not all of them, and they don't have to be. I'll put the trigger on my P-10C up against most of my hammer pistols - Sigs, CZs and HKs.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
One off.my Austrian friends was horrified when he learned the meaning of VP- that name has a lot of baggage in Europe.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
..I suppose I could send it to Gray or Lazy Wolf. Or just cut bait.
Getting your trigger customized by Gray or LW should be your next move then. Alot of folks here who dislike the VP9 factory trigger swear by it. And if you don't like the upgrade, buyers are plentiful here and elsewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I had not mentioned it in my original post that I also have a P320 Legion. Which has a fantastic trigger.
But since it really is a custom gun, I wanted to keep the discussion to "factory" triggers.
I fired a message off to Rick at Gray Wolf. His quote to fix the problem caught me off guard and I responded without really thinking. And he very politely and professionally told me off. Which I deserved.
From all accounts, he is the best there is and there is a cost to getting it done right.
My other thought was to get a USP Tactical and go the LEM trigger route.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Imagine building a brand new car and calling it the Pinto. You might be able to get away with it outside the US but not here. It's like HK is subtly trolling us with the VP.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts