HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1984 date and in Switzerland. I thought it would be an SD model.

In the end it WAS NOT an M13 SD model after all. Its some kind of after market longer barrel extension that works great and gives a different/better(?) balance and performance. My range buddy bought it 2nd hand years ago and dont know much about the details of the mod. I estimate the barrel to be about 5 to 5.5 inches, point estimate say 5.3 inches.

"More accurate and less recoil than mine. Hurts my tender thumb base joint less and has a difference balance to mine. my pal is long ago retired doctor and has many pistols and rifles. He is really a Sig 210-6 guy and hardly shoots his modded P7. He brought it for me to try today as he also shoots rifles a lot. The P7 seems to be more of a safe queen. I like it better than mine (chromed one). Wow!

Anybody knows about these mods? I would be interested to get the back story. Was this popular years ago? Who did similar work in the US, for example. In my opinion, it works well for accuracy, but of course its worse for concealability. Pictures below:
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Floor Automotive exterior
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle Gas
Blue Rectangle Wood Flooring Floor
Black Tool Knife Material property Rectangle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Bumper Motor vehicle
Textile Sleeve Grey Bag Denim
Space bar Grille Office equipment Office supplies Line
Light Guitar accessory Trigger Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I heard that there was a gunsmith in the US that did a few modifications like that on P7M13s for the competition market years ago and that they always sell well when they hit the market. Very interesting mod. Better weight displacement balance and recoil management for sure. I wonder where the barrel came from? Was it HK original with poly rifling, etc?

For takedown I was informed by the owner, the extension piece needs to be unscrewed and removed to allow the slide to be taken off for cleaning it and the gas piston. So more PITA than the standard P7 in that respect, but the shoot-ability is worth it, IMHO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bruce Gray of Gray Guns has done this kind of work in the USA, however it's has been some time since I've see any new conversions. I think that I read somewhere that the original conversions used a cut down HK94 barrel?

Reactions: wisnon

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
My friend Ken at C&S Metall-Werkes did this to an M8. He used an MP5 barrel and incorporated the tri lug.
I’d be very interested to see this and how he managed to keep the 3-lug...I can imagine having a threaded barrel that you could screw a 3-lug adapter onto, but having an actual 3-lug 🤔

·
Registered
80 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures as he got rid of it years ago. He says he hated shooting it and he got a face full of gas while running it suppressed.

As to how he did it? I have no idea. You'd have to know him. He was a machinist for Boeing for 19 years before gunsmithing full time. I call him a mad genius. This is the same guy who made the C&S MP5 drum magazine as well as the "Krinker Plinker." Dude knows his stuff.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello wisnon,
most of these P7 Longslide conversions were made in the middle of the 80s and beginning of the 90s by some gunsmiths in southern Germany, e.g. by Waffen Oschatz or Waffendesign Jarzombek. Original Heckler & Koch polygonal barrels were mostly used for this. They were very popular with us. I also have such a Longslide P7M13 from 1987 with an original HK polygonal barrel in my collection and I really enjoy shooting it.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Collani,

Were these barrels P7 SD threaded barrels or cut down MP5/HK94 barrels?

My pal's version has no such HK slide markings.

Tell me to take it apart for cleaning the piston and cylinder, do you also have to unscrew the front extension piece?

Its a very accurate pistol and I am amazed my friend insists that his SIG P210-6 is even more accurate! I have tried the P210-2 army version and its very accurate, but hard on the web of the right hand in terms of slam and slide bite.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello wisnon,
I think it is a P7 SD polygonal barrel (without a thread). You could order these longer P7 barrels directly from the HK factory. In 1987 they cost as a spare part about 250 DM. And yes, for cleaning the piston and cylinder you have to unscrew the front extension piece.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info. I guess my pal had an unmarked SD long barrel then? I am in Switzerland

1 - 12 of 12 Posts