HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have what I think is a new USC (in all black, of course) marked down from $1495 to $1249.

It's on the wall with their other new rifles, I'm thinking of bagging it tomorrow for an early Merry Christmas to me gift.

Anyone seen them that low anywhere?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Not lately. We used to sell them for $950. Those were the days.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thats about as low as Ive seen a new one in a really long time. I would scoop that up if I had the chance. New ones from GM (usually the best deal going) got as low as about 1400 at one point, but thats about it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am just guessing tax will be about 7% so that makes it about 1340 out the door. The cheapest I recall having seen them this year NIB is $1349.00 + shipping and dealer fees. So I would think that is a good price; I doubt you will find it cheaper.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
$1550 in these parts of the woods.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am just guessing tax will be about 7% so that makes it about 1340 out the door. The cheapest I recall having seen them this year NIB is $1349.00 + shipping and dealer fees. So I would think that is a good price; I doubt you will find it cheaper.
+1 That is what Clyde Armory is selling them for and thats the best price I have seen. $1249 is a great price and would a very nice Christmas gift!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The factory black ones? I didn't know they were ever that low.
I haven't seen a black one that low ever. The price you found is the lowest I have seen, and I searched! I am waiting to go on leave to go do the paperwork routine! Good luck/good find! After you get yours post the contact so other guys don't pay the price I did:26:

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Please tell me the gunshop wasn't the Bullet Trap! As a fellow Dallasite, can you tell me some of the better gunshops around the area. I do almost all of my shopping online,gunshows, or in San Antonio. That's where I lived prior to moving up here to Frisco.

Thx,

R.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow

I thought you were joking about that being a good deal. I have never looked for a factory black one, but the three I have bought a while back the lowest was around $850 and I know I didn't pay more then $900 for the highest one. I had no idea. Please tell me for that price they hold more then 10 rounds.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please tell me the gunshop wasn't the Bullet Trap! As a fellow Dallasite, can you tell me some of the better gunshops around the area. I do almost all of my shopping online,gunshows, or in San Antonio. That's where I lived prior to moving up here to Frisco.

Thx,

R.
Yes, it was the trap. It's the only thing I've ever seen there that wasn't way more expensive than anywhere else, but this one sure was. It was the only one they had, I'm thinking they were just trying to move it. I'd seen it there a few weeks back for $1499, it was actually marked down to $1239. Brand new, in the box with all the accessories, out the door for $1341.22.

It's the only thing I've ever bought from a local gunstore, everything else has always been internet purchases. About the only one with good prices and a selection of HK handguns I've been to is Bachman Pawn, but even they can't compare to most internet sellers.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought you were joking about that being a good deal. I have never looked for a factory black one, but the three I have bought a while back the lowest was around $850 and I know I didn't pay more then $900 for the highest one. I had no idea. Please tell me for that price they hold more then 10 rounds.

The cheapest place even on the internet I can find them now is Clyde armory, for $1395. By the time I paid shipping and FFL fees, it would be about $1430.

And yes, the gray USCs were around $850 at some point. But even used gray ones are going for over $1000 now.

And of course it only holds 10 rounds, no imported USCs hold over 10 as they don't accept UMP magazines until modified to do so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
USC bargain.

$1300 with tax is a good price....dealer probably wants it out of his inventory before new year......
I paid $1895 last year when they became available again....feel cheated now, but love the gun.
Terry

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes, it was the trap. It's the only thing I've ever seen there that wasn't way more expensive than anywhere else, but this one sure was.
The only thing I've ever seen in there that was priced well was a Taurus 92-series at $300, but it was on consignment, and wasn't there a week later when I went back.

I priced an HK45 there before I bought mine from Gunbroker, and they wanted $969 + tax. I got mine from a guy on Gunbroker for $905 shipped. They had a beat to hell HK 91 in there for $2200, you should have seen the finish torn up from a port buffer.

You kinda feel bad for those places, they can't control the fact that they have to charge sales tax, which isn't that big of a deal on $300-400 guns but on a right-priced H&K, that's a big chunk of change.

IMO the best gun range in the city is, strangely enough, at Bass Pro Shops by the airport. $8 an hour to shoot, where most places are flat $15 to shoot per day I'll get done within an hour and save the $7. Better ventilation than any other indoor range I've ever been to. The target holders let you punch in the number of feet/yards you want the target at and it moves it there automatically.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only thing I've ever seen in there that was priced well was a Taurus 92-series at $300, but it was on consignment, and wasn't there a week later when I went back.

I priced an HK45 there before I bought mine from Gunbroker, and they wanted $969 + tax. I got mine from a guy on Gunbroker for $905 shipped. They had a beat to hell HK 91 in there for $2200, you should have seen the finish torn up from a port buffer.

You kinda feel bad for those places, they can't control the fact that they have to charge sales tax, which isn't that big of a deal on $300-400 guns but on a right-priced H&K, that's a big chunk of change.

IMO the best gun range in the city is, strangely enough, at Bass Pro Shops by the airport. $8 an hour to shoot, where most places are flat $15 to shoot per day I'll get done within an hour and save the $7. Better ventilation than any other indoor range I've ever been to. The target holders let you punch in the number of feet/yards you want the target at and it moves it there automatically.
Haha, you know what - that 91 is still there. I saw it a while back for $2400. Know what's on it now? $1700. If I didn't already have 3 of the things, I might keep checking back to see if it goes lower. I looked at it today some more, it looks like someone who had never even held an HK roller rifle tried to install a claw mount with their eyes closed and one hand behind their back.

I did look at their new HK handguns too - the HK45's are $939, but that may be their silly "member" price. The P30s were $830 I think.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Man I hate the Trap, everytime I've been in there I've gotten misinformation and attitude. I brought my M4 in there asking them if they had the buttstock wrench to change out the tube! I had the gun in it's hard case sitting on the counter open, with me standing in front of it. I had the new buttstock sitting on the inside lid. The manager came over and flipped the lid shut pushing it closed with the buttstock's tube pressed against the reciever! He was like keep that closed!!! They put a scratch on the forward assist. I said what the hell! And he acted like they didn't want my gun sitting out in the open. I was a little upset. The people basically said F you.

The V-53 I bought last weekend was there on consignment for 1295.00! I told them I would like to make an offer to the owner, the gun had been there since July. They said they wouldn't contact the owner! I asked a question about when it was brought in for consignment and got the guy to go pull the file and see when it was brought in. He had the file open in front of me and I saw the seller's name, number and address ( I know shady!). It turned out he lived in a neighborhood very near to me,in Frisco! I called him and told him how I got his name and number and what the heck the Bullet Trap guy's were doing. He promptly went over there and picked up the gun and drove to my house. We settled on a price of 1100.00 cash!! He told me he's had nothing but bad luck with them as well.

I won't walk into that place ever again. Sorry about the tirad, but that store ticked me off. I'm a well dressed professional makin over 100K/yr and I feel like a 2nd class citizen everytime I walk in there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did look at their new HK handguns too - the HK45's are $939, but that may be their silly "member" price.
Yeah that's the member price, add $30 for us non-members.

Did you check out their P7/PSP's while you were in there? Last time I went in there I swear I saw a Grade B for over $800. Knowing that ~$600 is a decent price for a Grade B online, I just laughed.

I wonder if they don't make most of their money on the range and the twice-monthly CHL classes (two things you can't get online, or within a 30 miles radius), and anything they make on selling firearms is just extra.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah that's the member price, add $30 for us non-members.

Did you check out their P7/PSP's while you were in there? Last time I went in there I swear I saw a Grade B for over $800. Knowing that ~$600 is a decent price for a Grade B online, I just laughed.

I wonder if they don't make most of their money on the range and the twice-monthly CHL classes (two things you can't get online, or within a 30 miles radius), and anything they make on selling firearms is just extra.
Oh yeah, I saw their P7s as well.

But I do see lots of people in there looking at and buying handguns. I think the majority of the general public just goes to a local gun store when they want to buy one. This is in contrast to the regular posters here, and those that frequent gunbroker, gunsamerica, and strurmgewehr, who I think are a bit more savy shoppers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts