HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I just had an experience that will insure I don't buy any more H&K firearms.

I e-mailed H&K "customer service" to ask for a P2000 owners manual to replace the one I apparently lost. I included the serial number of my pistol so they would know I am an actual owner of a P2000. They sent me back a reply that I would have to pay $15 for a replacement, or download it off an attachment.

So spending almost $800 on an H&K P2000 doesn't get you a replacement owners manual?

Too many superior weapons manufacturers who actually care about customer satisfaction to send any more money to H&K.

Finito!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, I think I just had an experience that will insure I don't buy any more H&K firearms.

I e-mailed H&K "customer service" to ask for a P2000 owners manual to replace the one I apparently lost. I included the serial number of my pistol so they would know I am an actual owner of a P2000. They sent me back a reply that I would have to pay $15 for a replacement, or download it off an attachment.

So spending almost $800 on an H&K P2000 doesn't get you a replacement owners manual?

Too many superior weapons manufacturers who actually care about customer satisfaction to send any more money to H&K.

Finito!

Jeez, like printing is hard! Hahahaha, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Go buy a $50,000 car and ask them for a replacement manual. They'll charge you for that too.

·
Registered
616 Posts

Jeez, like printing is hard! Hahahaha, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
LMFAO!!!! that is a great photo for forums haha!

On a serious note, that would piss me off, but at the same time they do provide it online for free and your suppose to keep your manual thats why firearms with box and manual fetch a premium, so I understand the 15.00 free. Think about it...every **** and jane selling an hk would probably be ordering a new manual to boost the value of the gun if it was free. I would still prefer them give them away like many of the smaller companies do, but such as life...15.00 is not going to make me give up on a manufacturer....it would take something more like "we wont fix that" "or what lifetime warranty"

·
Registered
434 Posts
??? the download is free. I think thats ensuring the information is at hand. I have dealt with plenty of companys that fail to provide event that service.

I am sure for $10 you can get a member to send you there used book.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Weird. I called once about a PSP I bought and I said, "I just bought this PSP and it didn't come with a ..." She finished, "Owner's manual?!?" "No, scraper."

Seems, for liability's sake, they'd hook you up right quick.

·
Registered
269 Posts
This is interesting because HK just sent me a P7 manual for free a few months ago. I have also gotten a free manual from Remington for a gun they have not made for years, a Remington 90T trap gun. I got a brand new manual for a gun that has not been built for 15 years. I also just had Beretta send me a free manual for a 391 I bought used. In each case I had a manual sent to me and in my hands with in 7 days. I am suprised you got that response from HK, I would call again and see what they say. It is a HUGE liabilty for them if an owner of one of their weapons request an owners manual but does not receive one. Have you noticed that all brands of guns manuals are 40% about don't kill yourself etc, they are putting warnings on the guns themselves to read your owners manual. The reason for all of this is so they can point at that if they get sued. Just like cars have warning lables on visor about air bags and seat belts. They have warning lights on the dash that your seat belt is not being used. This is all so if and when they get sued the blame lands on your lap not theirs. So by not sending you a manual they are opening themselves up to being sued, not to smart. Now if you said you wanted an extra one etc then that is different. I would bet you if I emailed them right now saying I bought a gun and it did not have a manual I would have one for free in a week. Maybe its how you worded your request.

Dave

·
Registered
77 Posts
You must have been as obnoxious requesting it as you have been telling us about it.

Great example of how lazy American's have become.

Won't download it for FREE with a few mouse clicks.

Pathetic. I'm sure you could extrapolate alot of other unsavory things from that attitude as well.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
When I called for a manual for a P7 they sent one out no problem. But I assume that was before the PDF's were available online.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Don't lose stuff...

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

Oh, puhleeeeeze....

Aren't there bigger things in life to worry about, like when Dominos forgets to put mushrooms on your pizza? :rolleyes:

What the hell do you need a manual for anyway... did you forget how to field-strip it?

Sorry if I sound harsh.... I just don't understand why anyone would spend the energy making a post on a forum about how a company wouldn't provide them with a hard-copy of the maual when you can download it FOR FREE.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I sent them an email requesting 2 USP full size owners manuals, they both came in the US Mail 6 weeks later - no charge.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I recently aquired a PSP and called HK for a manual and it cost me $10.00.
$10.00 is no big deal because I wanted a hard copy, I had the ability to download it for free, so in reality it was my choice. Will it stop me from buying another HK...no F*@#$) way but it was a little bit of surprise to be charged.

In the big picture I have bought used guns from other manufactures and always get a free replacement manual. I always prefer to have the manufactures case, tools, hard copy of the manual, ETC with my firearms.

To go back to the automotive manuals.....well they will be no less than $60.00 and you will be hard pressed to a used car dealer to get you one for free with the purchse of the car.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Most companies are going to the PDF downloads for replacement manuals. On the flip side after spending $800 on a pistol $15 for a hard copy manual is nothing... unless it wasn't shipped with the gun in the first place. Then they would owe you one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Free manual

Tell HK that you do not have a manual or a computer, you had an accidental discharge due to no operating instructions and you called your lawyer. Probably delivered next day

1 - 20 of 26 Posts