HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading here for a couple of years now just haven't posted much. But it is a great forum with lots of knowledge that i have to check on a daily basis, lol.

I want to get a p30, but no shop in my area carry any hk stuff. I have a p2000, that I love. The size is really perfect almost. I've have been wanting a p30 for awhile just have been holding out. I had to buy my p2000 sight unseen [internet] and just wondering if I order the p30 unseen am I going to think, man not much different then my p2000, or man the grip is great on this gun.

This will be for CCW. Probably get an IWB and OWB holster both for it and night sights. The p2000 fits me great, its just hard to imagine that the p30 grip is better, but i read that it is all the time.

So please any advise will help, Thanks

·
Banned
188 Posts
Buy it, you won't regret it. My P30L is much more comfortable than my USP-c, which is very similar to the P2000.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I love my P30L, and I think the grip is amazing; esp with the different combonations of panels. Some find the texture to be too rough without an undershirt, YMMV.

The only issue I had with the P30 regular size was that the slide was too short for my thumb, and my thumb would creep forward of the muzzle. That's why I decided on the P30LS.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW that was quick. Kinda what I expected tho. I guess I'll give it a try, worse thing could happen is I have 2 HKs. I guess I just needed that little extra push lol.

I really hope ameriglo has the hackathorns out by the time my raven holster is in.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
If you already have a P2000 as a CCW and you like it, why the need for a P30? IMO, the P2000 is the better carry piece and the P30's grip texture is downright nasty IWB without an under shirt between your skin and sand paper. The P30 is also larger than the P2000. Something to think about. If you are looking to buy online, look no farther than Cross Creek Guns.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another P30. Although I do See a 45c in my future!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually the p2000 is not my ccw gun at the moment. I am carrying a m&p9 right now. So its not really a need just a want.
I see top gun supply has them for $829

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I did check with cross creek first but they are out of stock on the one I want. 9mm lem 15rd

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I love my P30L, and I think the grip is amazing; esp with the different combonations of panels. Some find the texture to be too rough without an undershirt, YMMV.

The only issue I had with the P30 regular size was that the slide was too short for my thumb, and my thumb would creep forward of the muzzle. That's why I decided on the P30LS.
Those must be some mighty big mits you're sporting there. Palming beach balls are ya?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love mine, but the p2000 is the better CCW IMHO

You will NOT regret owning it, but don't be surprised if you carry the p2k when all said and done.

I got a modest trigger job on my p30 which has made it one of my favorite wepons...V3, I do think it's a better nightstand/range toy when compared to p2000 for CCW ( trigger job or not.) I can go into more detail if your interested, but I certainly don't want you to think I'm downing the p30....Hell what do I know, my favorite HK to carry is a 30 year old p7

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you already have a P2000 as a CCW and you like it, why the need for a P30? IMO, the P2000 is the better carry piece and the P30's grip texture is downright nasty IWB without an under shirt between your skin and sand paper. The P30 is also larger than the P2000. Something to think about. If you are looking to buy online, look no farther than Cross Creek Guns.
I agree 100%...I have both and choose my P2000 as my CCW. The P30 is a great range or HD pistol, and it can be carried (I did until I bought my P2000), but it is larger than the P2000, especially the grip, and the texture is definitely rough against bare skin. One thing I did to my P30 was slightly smooth the grip panels on the skin side with 400 grit sandpaper. It helped a lot as far as comfort is concerned and I didn't feel it compromised the grip texture that much.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree 100%...I have both and choose my P2000 as my CCW. The P30 is a great range or HD pistol, and it can be carried (I did until I bought my P2000), but it is larger than the P2000, especially the grip, and the texture is definitely rough against bare skin. One thing I did to my P30 was slightly smooth the grip panels on the skin side with 400 grit sandpaper. It helped a lot as far as comfort is concerned and I didn't feel it compromised the grip texture that much.
I have personally never noticed the texture issue, but I always wear undershirts anyway. FWIW, while I don't have the P2000, I do prefer my USPc (which is basically the same size as the p2k) to the P30 for carry. The USPc is slightly lighter and shorter in both the barrel and grip.

The P30 is by no means a bad carry gun, though. It's quite concealable and comfortable to carry (unless the grip texture bothers you).

1 - 20 of 62 Posts