HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing is wrong with it, but I've had it for a few years and have shot it a few thousand times. I just want to send it in because I want the decocker only option with no manual safety. I also want kind of like a refurbishment and replacement of any components that may need replacing, like springs. This is my main defensive pistol, so I like to keep it in top operating shape.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Nothing is wrong with it, but I've had it for a few years and have shot it a few thousand times. I just want to send it in because I want the decocker only option with no manual safety. I also want kind of like a refurbishment and replacement of any components that may need replacing, like springs. This is my main defensive pistol, so I like to keep it in top operating shape.
Welcome to the forums. You can contact HK Customer Service and request the modification. Optionally, you can contact HKParts.net as they are H&K Certified Armorers for the USP and should also stock the parts. As for a "tune-up", not necessary unless you are in excess of 15,000 rounds or are experiencing a specific problem. Most components however, have a 25,000 round service life before suggesting change.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You can contact HK Customer Service and request the modification. Optionally, you can contact HKParts.net as they are H&K Certified Armorers for the USP and should also stock the parts. As for a "tune-up", not necessary unless you are in excess of 15,000 rounds or are experiencing a specific problem. Most components however, have a 25,000 round service life before suggesting change.
Look at you, using your newly found armorers skills already.... LOL

To add something of merit I have a little over 10k rounds through a AG date code USPF 45 and the only thing I have replaced is the trigger spring and a detent plate that some how got bent. ( Guessing from all the times that it was decocked???) It might be ready for a tune-up...I will keep pushing it until it fails before I even think about sending it in. Keep shooting yours and wait until it stops firing to send it in. Unless its your only pistol and then disregard everything I said... Or you may want to go ahead and disregard everything anyways.

They were built to have the dog XXXX ran out of them and I only wish I had the nerve to run 99% of mine like they were designed to be run.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.

Can you quote me a price on the modification?

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Thank you.

Less than $20 and 10 minutes of your time if you do it yourself. All you need is a different detent plate.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Thank you.

$50 plus parts and return shipping. It takes longer to unbox, check-in, re-box and ship than it does to do the work. The parts are availble at HKParts.net. I believe what you want is the V3 (right handed) or V4 (left handed). They can drop ship the parts directly to me.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I think I have the plate you need. If you choose to let Joe do your work let me know and I will ship the plate to him. Consider it a welcome to the forum gift.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I think I have the plate you need. If you choose to let Joe do your work let me know and I will ship the plate to him. Consider it a welcome to the forum gift.
HKParts.net is out of them so that is awesome!

You'll also need a V3 or V4 control lever:

HK USP Var 3 Control Lever - HKPARTS.NET
-or
HK USP Lever Control V4 - HKPARTS.NET

You can use the orginal, but it will have the S and F markings which will obviously no longer function accordingly once the plate is replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow that's great and I definitely appreciate the generosity. I will probably just use my original control lever, because spending another $50 on the correct one just for aesthetics is a little unneccesary IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts