HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...that the LEM trigger is probably the single-greatest "improvement" made to an original idea in the last 20 years.

I just finished installing the LEM kit on my USP 45 Tactical, and it's EVERYTHING I wanted. It's perfect... I sincerely feel like the LEM conversion was made for me, and do not feel as comfortable and/or confident shooting anything else.

To me, it has ALL of the good qualities of DA and ALL of the good qualities of SA, rolled into one.

Has it won any awards? If not, it should.

Ok, enough of my drooling... carry on. :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
you're preaching to the choir.

;)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I didn't think that I would like them until I bought a pistol that had one. A little bit of getting used to and I now love it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am a big fan of the LEM. I like DA/SA as well but I like the idea of a consistent trigger pull that is safe.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I dont like shooting anything else anymore.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have been close to buying a LEM kit for my USPc .40... what's the difference in the LEM versions? Is it 3 versions (V1 - V3) and only difference is the pull weight after the initial break?
I'm going to quote Big Bore to answer your question...
The LEM V1 is a DAO light action trigger pull with a pull weight of about 5 pounds.

LEM V2 is a DAO light action with a pull of 8 pounds.

LEM V4 is a DAO light action with a pull of 7 pounds.

The LEM V3 is not a true LEM but a normal SA/DA pull with decock only, no safe, functioning just like the normal USP/C V3. The decock is on the rear face of the frame just to the left of the hammer and as such is truly ambidextrous. This pistol has a SA pull of about 5 pounds and a DA pull of about 10 pounds.

On the normal variants of triggers, the V1 is SA/DA with safe/decock and the SA pull is about 5 pounds with the DA pull of about 10 pounds.

The LEM variants are completely different than the normal 10 variants used on the USP/C pistols.
Which version does CDNN stock?
I might be wrong on this, but I believe that the "standard" LEM is V2 and that is what they stock, as the kit comes with the heavier firing pin block spring and trigger return spring. On a P2000, to lighten the "take-up" before the break, you change the trigger return spring to the stock trigger return spring that comes on the SA/DA USP V1, and to lighten the break you change the firing pin block spring to the stock firing pin block spring that comes on the SA/DA V1.

In other words, if you're converting your USP SA/DA to LEM, you just leave those springs alone if you want the lightest possible pull.

Keeping both springs in your USP will lighten your overall trigger pull (both take-up and break) quite dramatically (from about 8lbs to about 5lbs), however, you can do one or the other to change it up.

I currently use a combination of the lighter firing pin block spring, and the heavier trigger return spring, as I prefer a slightly heavier take-up with a lighter break... to me, the lighter trigger return spring feels a little "loosey goosey" and I would rather have it "johnny on the spot."

The fun part for you, however, is changing it up and figuring out what suits you... and that is the damn genius behind this design is that it allows anyone with even a little tinkering capability to tune their own weapon to their liking.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The LEM needs a shorter reset!

To OP: Did you install the LEM kit with the Match parts (Combat Competition trigger)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think the reset is fine on the LEM. i have never tried to pull the trigger again and not had it fire. you don't have to let it out very far. i've dumped a mag (9 .40's p2000sk LEM) as fast as i can and every time i squeezed i barely let my finger relax before squeezing again. and i have fairly small hands.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I went to the Wayback machine to help me with my choice . I'm sending my USPc 9MM Compact to Ga. for the light LEM install. Thanks for your help !

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i think the reset is fine on the LEM. i have never tried to pull the trigger again and not had it fire. you don't have to let it out very far. i've dumped a mag (9 .40's p2000sk LEM) as fast as i can and every time i squeezed i barely let my finger relax before squeezing again. and i have fairly small hands.
Then I doubt you have light LEM. Pete chime in if I'm wrong. The the light LEM seems like I have to let it out fully with follow up shots. Don't get me wrong , I love the trigger but just want a definite reset.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
All my LEMs are light LEMs (on USPs/HK45s/P2000sk) and the let-off to accomplish sear reset is NOT a full let-off at all. It is especially short for the USP and HK45/HK45c pistols, but it is quite nice on the P2000sk as well. If you practice, you can milk that sear reset and get extremely quick with the followup shots.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I am serious about sending off my 9 to Ga. I clicked on the posts on the top right of the main page and saw this old post . It's kind of neat to read something a little older.........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.