HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just had my PTR-91 GI duracoated by my smith and he had a Metal SEF housing that he traded me for the PTR housing. a 0-1 SEF lower? What's this from?

~Sam

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Can't tell by the pic, but if it's got a long tang that both pins would contact, it's from an old HK-91. If it has a short tang (tang meaning the part covered by the stock when assembled) the it might be from an old HK-93 or 94.

They were the one's designed without the 3rd full auto position for HK's semi guns.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it. Looks like a 94 then. I assume theres no issue with the full tang not being there, right?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Oh ok so the tang IS shorter, then it is a hk93 or hk94 lower. No problem using the shorter tang in the 91. Shoot away :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got the hk91 version of that lower on my ptr as well. Its a great option for those with bigger hands and like that look. Only real downside is it doesnt have those tabs up by the extractor so dirt can get in easier. But thats no issue if you're just range shooting, and if you ever go to a sand pit its just as easy to swap back to the polymer one for the added protection.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Got it. Looks like a 94 then. I assume theres no issue with the full tang not being there, right?
Right... as Df662 sez, bang away...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts