HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an SEF FCG which was already modified for SA but the seller did not know if it had any US made parts as he received it second hand. Deal was too good to pass up so I bought it anyway.

Anyone know how to tell if I have a US made trigger, hammer or sear or conversely how would I tell if I just have the original HK parts? Any specific markings I should be looking for either way?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I recently purchased an SEF FCG which was already modified for SA but the seller did not know if it had any US made parts as he received it second hand. Deal was too good to pass up so I bought it anyway.
Anyone know how to tell if I have a US made trigger, hammer or sear or conversely how would I tell if I just have the original HK parts? Any specific markings I should be looking for either way?
Thanks in advance!
Well, how do you know there are no US made parts in there?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, how do you know there are no US made parts in there?
I don't know, hence my question of how would I tell if I did have US parts? If PTR is the only US maker then there are no PTR stamps on the trigger, hammer or sear. But are there other US manufacturers? I would think that to be 922r compliant a part would differentiate itself from the original to comply.

·
Registered
726 Posts
The last time I checked, I don't need to prove my innocence. It's up to you to prove my guilt. That is, unless you offer a confession. You also need to be aware that it's not against the law to possess a non-922r compliant weapon. It's only against the law to "manufacture" one. So unless you manufactured it, this is a moot issue.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,573 Posts
MG34_Dan just nailed it. You are worrying about nothing. It is only a crime to make or assemble a weapon with more than 10 imported parts. Possession has nothing to do with it. The truth (you bought it like that) is the end of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.