HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read here, as well as other sites that supposedly these 2 pistols were going to be manufactured here, or at least there were talks of it.... My question is that if the entirety of both pistols parts were to made in Germany, but then shipped to the US for assembly would you buy it, or at least consider it. Glock makes a fine product, actually an excellent product and from my understanding this is how they do it to cut down on importation fees. Now if this was the case with HK would you pay the probable asking price of $800+ for these pistols, or would you like to see it come down more to a "Glock like" price of $500+ seeing as they too would've cut down on their importation costs etc.

I for one would!, and if it were to be assembled here and HK's prices stayed the same, I wouldn't buy one.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Assembled here...Maybe.

Made here...NO! Absolutely positively NO!

I want my Mercedes Made in Germany NOT America. Just like I don't want my Ford F250 V10 Power Stroke diesel FX4 Made in Germany.

I have 10 Sigs and all have German frames, not one of my Sigs will have an American Frame. The reason why I love HKs so much right now, is becuase they are all made in Germany...100%!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
At this point I have given up on them coming into the US assembled or not. I have moved onto other things cancelled my pre-orders for these and have forgot all about getting one now. For me the company with the best AVAILABLE product with the best AVAILABLE price gets my business. HK has produced neither in the case of the P30 or the HK45.

·
Registered
600 Posts
loupav took the words right outta my mouth!!!

I will over look this plagerism. ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
My SIG P220's say they were made in Germany. There are no date codes on them. Actually what happened was the gun's PARTS were made in Germany, but the guns themselves were made in Germany.

Yeah, as long as the above is true with these from Hk, I'd buy. But, if the gun's say they were made in U.S., no probably not. I too like my stuff "Made in Germany". Nothing personal, just particular on my part.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I would have to think long and hard about it, but off the bat I would say no. Not unless the QC and supervision was done by germans from HK and the whole operations was done by HK USA and not by a third party.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not no, not H no, not even double H no - no,no,no,no,no,no.........

HK-USA has proven they can't provide parts, why should we trust they could even make guns, let alone quality ones!?

If I buy a pistol built in the USA, it'll be a S&W M&P.

As a comparison, I wouldn't buy a Porsche knowing it was made at the Valmet plant either...if it's a Porsche, it should be built in Germany!!! An H&K should be built in Germany as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hell yes I would buy one if they were made in the US. I'm sure Germany is the same as the US in the sense that some companies make good products and some make crap. I'm sure that there are several German companies that make garbage, HK obviously not being one of them. I dont think HK would let their quality go down, even if they were made in the US.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Even if HK did assemble them here, they'd never be able to get the HK down to Glock pricing. Maybe $100 cheaper than current rate. The Glock is still a cheaper gun to build. HK has higher R&D overhead to pay for and uses higher grade, more expensive components. Still, I like my HKs for what they are, and whatever they do, I would never want quality assurance to by compromised just to save a few bucks.

Tim

·
Registered
392 Posts
At this point I have given up on them coming into the US assembled or not. I have moved onto other things cancelled my pre-orders for these and have forgot all about getting one now. For me the company with the best AVAILABLE product with the best AVAILABLE price gets my business. HK has produced neither in the case of the P30 or the HK45.
+1

HK can go pound sand. Already spent my HK45 and P30 monies that I was saving on something else.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Come on, this is HK we are talking about. As long as it is their design, built on approved machines, by HK trained employees, of course I would buy these firarms. U.S. or German, it doesn't matter. You will get great quality.

JPG

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well this is a loaded question. If we are to assume that HK built guns in the USA with the same quality and attention to detail as they do in Germany then sure I would buy one. However if the USA built guns where of a lesser quality then probably not. Price is not an issue, we all pay more for HK over other brands but we get what we pay for. If the price drops but the quality drops it would not be worth it. Sig for an example has had issues with USA built guns. In todays world of modern manufacturing I would think HK could build a gun here or in Germany and unless they told you you would not know the difference but this has not been the case for Sig. So it would be a wait and see. I will say this if HK does do this but brings in some of the newer models made in Germany prior to US manufacturing those German guns are going to be worth a lot more! If they do this I probably won't need to buy a USA made gun because I will buy a couple of extra German built ones just because we all know that HK diehards will always look at German made HK's as better even if they arent.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well this is a loaded question. If we are to assume that HK built guns in the USA with the same quality and attention to detail as they do in Germany then sure I would buy one. However if the USA built guns where of a lesser quality then probably not. Price is not an issue, we all pay more for HK over other brands but we get what we pay for. If the price drops but the quality drops it would not be worth it. Sig for an example has had issues with USA built guns. In todays world of modern manufacturing I would think HK could build a gun here or in Germany and unless they told you you would not know the difference but this has not been the case for Sig. So it would be a wait and see. I will say this if HK does do this but brings in some of the newer models made in Germany prior to US manufacturing those German guns are going to be worth a lot more! If they do this I probably won't need to buy a USA made gun because I will buy a couple of extra German built ones just because we all know that HK diehards will always look at German made HK's as better even if they arent.
+1 ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts