HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new P2000sk’ SA & DA pull is just a bit too heavy. Can I lighten them with a spring kit?
If so what do I need and where can I buy them❓
Would this void the HK warranty?

·
Registered
183 Posts
My new P2000sk’ SA & DA pull is just a bit too heavy. Can I lighten them with a spring kit?
If so what do I need and where can I buy them❓
Would this void the HK warranty?
IMO… if this is a carry gun, I would stick with what you have and do more DA dry-fire or DA shooting. This kills two birds with one stone. According to chart, the 2000sk DA/SA already comes with the lighter HK springs. I verified mine because I thought my FPBS would be the heavier spring, but it was the lighter version indicated on the chart. I don’t know about warranty issues.
372A8BD0-32F8-4C3B-8AF1-0237B49C4113.jpeg

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I carry this very pistol on occasion. Personally, as a carry weapon I would leave that stock. Train with it more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
To answer your question, the easiest spring to change would be the FPBS or firing pin block spring. I'd recommend using the enhanced spring from HKparts. It won't give you a hair trigger but it will eliminate stacking in DA. The one in my P2000SK was extremely heavy (LEM) and it really gave it a smooth consistent pull.

I also installed one in my P30SK and both USP-C. It lightened the DA pull on each of them to a more acceptable level. In a side by side comparison my USP-C now has a nearly identical DA trigger pull to my Wilson Combat Beretta Centurion. It's a very safe and consistent DA pull now instead of the heavy stock pull.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To answer your question, the easiest spring to change would be the FPBS or firing pin block spring. I'd recommend using the enhanced spring from HKparts. It won't give you a hair trigger but it will eliminate stacking in DA. The one in my P2000SK was extremely heavy (LEM) and it really gave it a smooth consistent pull.

I also installed one in my P30SK and both USP-C. It lightened the DA pull on each of them to a more acceptable level. In a side by side comparison my USP-C now has a nearly identical DA trigger pull to my Wilson Combat Beretta Centurion. It's a very safe and consistent DA pull now instead of the heavy stock pull.

How difficult is it to install this new pin-block spring?
Any special tools needed?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Would this void the factory warranty?

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's so easy I made my kids change the springs in their guns. You'll remove the slide, use a punch to remove the roll pin that holds the FPB in. I remove it from inside out so I don't scratch the finish. Slightly pull back on the firing pin and the FPB should pop out. Pull the spring out and install the new spring. I use a little grease aka gunsmith glue to hold the spring in the FPB as I reinstall it into the slide. You'll have to work the firing pin and the FPB a little until they slip into their respective notches then install the roll pin again from inside out. The pin usually slide in part way with just finger pressure then use your punch to drive it in the rest of the way. Then do a function test to make sure the FPB works correctly. It's that easy.

I don't know about the warranty as that doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's so easy I made my kids change the springs in their guns. You'll remove the slide, use a punch to remove the roll pin that holds the FPB in. I remove it from inside out so I don't scratch the finish. Slightly pull back on the firing pin and the FPB should pop out. Pull the spring out and install the new spring. I use a little grease aka gunsmith glue to hold the spring in the FPB as I reinstall it into the slide. You'll have to work the firing pin and the FPB a little until they slip into their respective notches then install the roll pin again from inside out. The pin usually slide in part way with just finger pressure then use your punch to drive it in the rest of the way. Then do a function test to make sure the FPB works correctly. It's that easy.

I don't know about the warranty as that doesn't matter to me.
Wasn't meant for me, but thanks for the helpful information.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I do not know either, but you could simply reinstall the original spring should you ever have to ship the gun back to HK for anything. Problem solved.
It would be comparing two “light” firing pin block springs to each other, so I wonder if anyone could tell them apart just by looking with the naked eye.

·
Descending into HKoholism
760 Posts
This may not be the most popular opinion, but the heavy FPBS is awful and makes the trigger a moment before breaking disgusting.
The heavy TRS is nothing better. The one v2 P2000 (heavy LEM) I got had a trigger pull of around 8 1/2 - 9 lbs, and the feeling was horrible.
Changing these springs according to the table above simply converts the pistol to a different factory model. And on my pistols, I change all springs, which of course I do not impose on anyone. :p
Going beyond that requires third-party FPBS and HS, which may not be everyone's cup of tea.
Except, for the P2000sk (and the P30sk) I do not know of a lighter HS. To be honest, I have not looked too much, as I do not have one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
This may not be the most popular opinion, but the heavy FPBS is awful and makes the trigger a moment before breaking disgusting.
The heavy TRS is nothing better. The one v2 P2000 (heavy LEM) I got had a trigger pull of around 8 1/2 - 9 lbs, and the feeling was horrible.
Changing these springs according to the table above simply converts the pistol to a different factory model. And on my pistols, I change all springs, which of course I do not impose on anyone. :p
Going beyond that requires third-party FPBS and HS, which may not be everyone's cup of tea.
Except, for the P2000sk (and the P30sk) I do not know of a lighter HS. To be honest, I have not looked too much, as I do not have one.
I agree about the heavy FPBS, as changing to the lighter HK FPBS in my P30L and P2000 made a noticeable difference. The OP’s P2000sk however doesn’t have heavy springs as it comes from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It would be comparing two “light” firing pin block springs to each other, so I wonder if anyone could tell them apart just by looking with the naked eye.
I honestly don't think so or think it's a big deal, but if the OP is worried about it, he could just switch the springs back.

If Im going to ship a gun back to the factory, Im going to return it to factory condition anyway as a rule of thumb and it's what they prefer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts