HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd throw this out for the masses. I bought some Wolff springs from Brownell's for my USP 45, 10 rd mags. Nothing wrong with them mind you, about 150 rounds total thru the 4 mags. I was just thinking, hey these seem to be the only reported weakness, why not upgrade to stronger springs now? I did and discovered the 10th round an absolute bear to insert, and the mag won't seat at all in the weapon! They also didn't take to the follower and mag insert (the little button you depress to disassemble the mag) the same as the factory springs.

So I guess I'm sending them back tomorrow, they weren't all that much cost-wise, but caused more headache (assembly and usage) than they're worth.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The Wolff springs take a while to "settle in" as my Grandpa would say.

After some useage, and storing 9 rounds in the mag, they will loosen up a bit, and allow proper function. They will always be tough to get the last round in, and may require a bit more force to seat the mag, but once they're settled in, they will never cause any feed problems.

FWIW, i have ~3000 rounds through my mark23, with no problems on any of the 5 factory original mags. (10 rounders also for Canuckistan laws here)

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Just put a little muscle into it! :)

The tenth round WILL go in, and the mag WILL seat in the gun like that. Ya just have to use a little muscle until the new springs "settle in" :)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
They were tight in mine too when I first bought and started using them but they work fine now. I went ahead and changed mine out for the same reason you said you did yours. Just took some time to "settle in"

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can totally understand where you're coming from regarding it didnt take the follower and mag insert like how HK springs does. Just push it a little harder and you'll be fine. Mine was like that as well.

Just thought I'd throw this out for the masses. I bought some Wolff springs from Brownell's for my USP 45, 10 rd mags. Nothing wrong with them mind you, about 150 rounds total thru the 4 mags. I was just thinking, hey these seem to be the only reported weakness, why not upgrade to stronger springs now? I did and discovered the 10th round an absolute bear to insert, and the mag won't seat at all in the weapon! They also didn't take to the follower and mag insert (the little button you depress to disassemble the mag) the same as the factory springs.

So I guess I'm sending them back tomorrow, they weren't all that much cost-wise, but caused more headache (assembly and usage) than they're worth.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the response and encouragment. I am a bit of a procrastinator so they're still sitting here waiting to go back. I have used and highly recommend their products to solve most spring issues, maybe I should re-think the return. K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts