HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Anyone know what is Jayson/IGF turn-around time on install paddle mag release on HK? I emailed him but I guess he is real busy, so I hope some of you have the same work done by him would know. Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a G3 built by him and took close to 2 months. He does seem to keep busy. I installed the paddle release my self which is a pain when you don't have alot of free time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had jayson do a paddle mag release on my sp89. I think he had it done and back in about a month. I guess this time could vary though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had IGF build me a HK53K and it had to go back because the bolt was bottoming out on the recoil spring instead of the buffer causing roller marks in the reciever. The gun was sent back to him for repair about 6 months ago and I am getting pissed because it is still there even though he told me he was starting on it !. Screwed up builds should be repaired before his other work but obviously IGF does not do buisness that way and I will never send IGF any more work specially since BOTH of my IGF builds had to go back for repairs.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Is there a DIY guide for a paddle release conversion on the 93?
I did a paddle mag install on my 43 and refinished it last week. I'll post some pics this week in the gallery section.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
I did a paddle mag install on my 43 and refinished it last week. I'll post some pics this week in the gallery section.
I followed a thread that jfk started and did my own paddle mag install also. Finished it about two weeks ago and it was a lot easier than I had anticipated.

About Jayson. He's a great guy, very smart about HK stuff and generally has a gunsmithing god reputation for his work. His wait time seems to be getting longer than it used to be but at one time was right in line with everyone else. With some of the recent horror stories about huge wait times from some and two week turn arounds for others I don't know how he measures up now.
I've had him do work for me in the past. A G3 build took four months. A SW5 repair took a month and a half and another fake can install took two months.
There were a couple of nuances to my G3 build that I wasnt to happy with, nor was I to happy with Jayson's answer to my questions about it but I'm pretty easy going and let it go.
The SW5 repair that took so long didn't fix the problem either but again, I know how things go sometimes and I let it go without bringing it up.
Based on these and a couple of other rare comments I've read about IGF I don't believe I'd have them do anymore work for me.
To Jayson's credit I have have a 33k that he built for someone else that is just marvelous. Even if I was annal as hell and tried I still couldn't find anything wrong with it.

You may try Mark Gala. He goes by BIG50 on most of the boards. His email is below.
He charges $125, you supply the parts and his turn around is decent.

[email protected]

He is a licensed smith and has a website but I can't find it to save my tail at the moment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I followed a thread that jfk started and did my own paddle mag install also. Finished it about two weeks ago and it was a lot easier than I had anticipated.

About Jayson. He's a great guy, very smart about HK stuff and generally has a gunsmithing god reputation for his work. His wait time seems to be getting longer than it used to be but at one time was right in line with everyone else. With some of the recent horror stories about huge wait times from some and two week turn arounds for others I don't know how he measures up now.
I've had him do work for me in the past. A G3 build took four months. A SW5 repair took a month and a half and another fake can install took two months.
There were a couple of nuances to my G3 build that I wasnt to happy with, nor was I to happy with Jayson's answer to my questions about it but I'm pretty easy going and let it go.
The SW5 repair that took so long didn't fix the problem either but again, I know how things go sometimes and I let it go without bringing it up.
Based on these and a couple of other rare comments I've read about IGF I don't believe I'd have them do anymore work for me.
To Jayson's credit I have have a 33k that he built for someone else that is just marvelous. Even if I was annal as hell and tried I still couldn't find anything wrong with it.

You may try Mark Gala. He goes by BIG50 on most of the boards. His email is below.
He charges $125, you supply the parts and his turn around is decent.

[email protected]

He is a licensed smith and has a website but I can't find it to save my tail at the moment.
Arizona Precision Arms, LLC
http://www.big50hk.com/

I'm waiting on a clipped & pinned metal lower from Big50.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have had IGF refinish/modify 2 guns for me, and both were returned in 6-8 weeks each.

G

·
way to go!

I like to have projects that I can do, thats just me. I just have no real idea of the tools and part that are needed. would you mind walking me through the materials and steps?

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts