:95:

:49:

:10:

A

·
0 Posts
Ranges around Ft. Riley

Headed to Ft. Riley. Where are the good ranges? Is Rusty's still in Aggieville
First off, Yep... Rusty's is still in Aggieville.

There does not seem to be alot of good ranges in the Manhattan/Junction City Area. There is one indoor range in topeka, I will post the links below. There is also a good range in McPherson, about an hour from JC, that offer's CCW and Tactical Defense courses.

There also does not seem to be alot of HK dealers around here. Pat's Gun in Ogden carries some, and there's a new place called Quantico Tactical that carries quite a few and has a monthly visit from an HK armorer and gunsmith. It's in JC right off Grant, just about a mile from the gate to Ft. Riley. The guys at Quantico are great. I just bought a USP compact in .40 from there, and they were fantastic. Most of the gun shops around here seem to cater to Glock and S&W, with a little Kimber mixed in. Word has it from the guy's at Quantico (haha) that they are trying to build an indoor range in JC, but from what I understand, they haven't gotten too far with it yet. There is an outdoor pistol range in Randolph, about 20 miles north of Manhattan/45 miles from JC, that is open every other weekend and the last thursday of the month, but outdoor shooting in the winter is just plain cold. It's called the Fancy Creek Range, they don't have a website.

Links

Quantico Tactical (www.quanticotactical.com
Kaw Valley Gun Club (kvgc.com) - Indoor 25 yd pistol and small rifle range. Located in Topeka
The Outback Park (www.theoutbackpark.com) - Located in McPherson
Target Master Shooting Academy (http://www.targetmastershootingacademy.com/) - Located in Bonner Springs/KC Area

·
Registered
145 Posts
Headed to Ft. Riley. Where are the good ranges? Is Rusty's still in Aggieville
Hey man, best place to shoot around Ft Riley is Range 4 on post and that is it. Fancy Creek is also around but it sucks. Range 4 is only on the weekends (most of them) and is free, including targets and goes out to 300 meters.

About Pats, I would not buy from him. I deal with Rod at Quantico for everything. pat will rake you over the coals on his prices and laugh all the way to the bank doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts