HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No really. I managed to get my hands on a certain set of parts belonging to a certain piece of unobtainium. The original handguard was chewed up and mangled, so a big thanks to HKParts for supplying the replacement handguard.

But let's take a step back. What exactly did I receive? An HK416C parts kit sans BCG and barrel, which could be problematic. The upper and handguard were pretty well chewed up and missing a decent amount of finish, so they are both getting an anodizing spa treatment before I use/figure out what I want to do with them.

I'm trying to work with Marvin Pitts to rebarrel this using an MR barrel or a substitute barrel and looking at my options as far as the BCG go. If all goes right, I can use the 416 BCG this surrogate upper is tied to without modifying it (likely using HKParts' buffered stock assembly). If not, more modifications ahead.

I'll keep you guys updated in this thread :)

IMG_6002.JPG

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I just can't really get anything from ZIB since I cannot find a source for their parts and they do not ship to the US.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well I hope I'm not bringing you bad news but what you have is no 416c. The handgaurd is US made and available from Adam over at HKParts and the rest is either an MR556 upper receiver or 416 upper receiver, or it could even be a reproduction upper receiver which is also available from Adam at HKParts. As for the stocks available at that German website those are indeed 416c stocks but without the proper op rod and carrier info it would be quite useless for someone to use in a build unless they were to fabricate an entirely new op rod, and then re-work an existing 416 / MR bolt carrier group. A lot of work in my opinion to make a fully functional 416c which at the end of the day could be just as problematic as the original which lead HK to discontinuing the gun in the first place.

Now with the above being said I will say this. Adam over at HKParts does have quite a few options for the little handgaurd that one could only ponder the idea if Adam is planning to release a 416c kit that is US made or make optional parts to build a US made 416c. I can see these ideas being very possible and on the table given the tiny 416c like handgaurds being something he now offers. I guess only time will tell what we could see out of him. On a side note I think people should also cut Adam some slack as I've seen a lot of folks talk about how he's selling fake parts or parts that isn't real HK, etc etc. and for the ones who does give him some flack for those I do wish some folks would read the item descriptions clearly and pay close attention to the origin of manufacture. US made ones will indicate US real German parts will say German or Germany on the item descriptions.

FeistyCrawfish, note that what I mentioned above is not targeted to you directly but for the folks that has recently given Adam some flack for third party HK parts production. Any how once again hope I didn't bring ya any bad news with those parts not being true 416c parts.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
intz2nu, I state that the hanguard and upper are surrogates in the original post. Please read. What I received was a kit without barrel, which has/had the correct op rod, gas block, piston, etc. Adam's stock uses an included buffer so my aim is to create a functioning parts kit build/clone that functions well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So you get a rare parts kit and instead of posting pics of the rare parts you post a pic or a surrogate upper and reproduction handguard. No cool man, not cool.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you get a rare parts kit and instead of posting pics of the rare parts you post a pic or a surrogate upper and reproduction handguard. No cool man, not cool.
I wanna make them presentable ;) I will have a spare adjustable gas block too when finished!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts