HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been planning on building a new PC for my basement den/nook/man cave for a while now. While I don't do a lot of gaming anymore, I used to be a PC building and gaming enthusiast in high school the 2001-2006 era, I decided to build a new one just like the days of ole. Along with PC gaming its going to be paired with a dual 30" 4k monitor setup and my 4k 55" tv mounted on the wall behind/above for media streaming. Anyhow, I got the idea to make it H&K themed, basically I'm going to keep the color scheme black with some accents of crimson red and red led lighting for the case interior. I have already purchased my case and motherboard, the case is a cool looking black aluminum case with a utility/tactical feel to it, heres the link for a picture of it. My motherboard is an Asus enthusiast grade board with built in RGB led lighting accents, heres the link to it also. A few ideas I had come to mind are putting an H&K decal or 2 on the case itself, also adding the Processor type and chipset after a red H&K logo, like your reading the side of your slide that shows you the caliber of your firearm, but instead of reading H&K USP .45 ACP, mine will read H&K i7 6700k Z170. I have a few other ideas floating around, but I'm trying to imagine things I can buy from HKParts or other stores to add to a little more personality and style. Any ideas or inspiration you can give me will go a long way, Ill be sure to post pics and specs when its all finished, hope you guys have some good ideas. Thanks for reading.

-Kotis

·
Registered
225 Posts
Make it Look like a GMG and you would be my PC building Hero. Might be even cooler than the Portal style builds

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the GMG route would be a little extreme haha, but I had a couple of new ideas. One of them is to modify one or 2 of the 3 avaliable 5.25" optical bays to hold a pistol and ammo, im fairly certain my USP would fit in their, and if not ill have to use my p30 or invest in a US compact.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Find someone to waterjet a big HK logo out of the side panels, then use a thin piece of acrylic, bolted on the inside, with red lighting. Black case, with illuminated red HK logo would look cool.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome idea, I would only be able to put the logo on the top of the case, the one side already has a large window, and the other side is closed off by the motherboard mount so no light will get though. Im going to do that though for sure at the top of the case with the CPU info right next to it in crimson red paint.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered all the parts for this build yesterday. I7 6700k cpu with crossfire radeon RX 480 graphics, I even added 4 sticks of 8gb corsair vengeance red led ram. Im going the liquid cooling route, I bought a custom looped cpu and dual gpu liquid cooling kit with solid clear tubing and red coolant that is going to look awesome with the red led setup. Im also replacing the standard acrylic side window of the case with a tempered glass viewing window. This rig is going to look amazing. Along with the color scheme and lighting, ill be adding 2 H&K decals, and two 5.25 optical bay storage spaces that will fit a p2000sk or p30sk and a box of ammunition. Hoping to have have the entire build done this week. I will post pics as soon as shes read to be shown off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts