HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bad day yesterday, so I went to the range on my lunch break. Took my FS94 clone and a couple 9mm, an HK USPc and a Sig 226.
It was a a packed house yesterday considering it was a Thursday. Had to wait a few minutes before a lane opened up and I ripped through a mag to calm down. Can't tell you how therapeutic it is to rip off some rounds.
As I was shooting a few people walked back and forth behind me. I finished off a mag and a group of 4 guys came up to me and asked me what was I shooting. I wasn't sure if they were serious, but I told them it was an MP5 clone.
One of the guys asked me if he can shoot it if he bought a box of 9mm. I said, sure, as I'm always trying to enlighten people to the virtures of HK ownership. I took out a spare mag and told the guy to load up. He inserted the mag and commented on how light it is. Fired a few rounds and said there was virtually no recoil. He seemed like a kid in a candy store.
Next thing I know, a few other people came up to my lane and all of them wanted to fire my gun. I asked the guy if he was serious and didn't know what kind of gun it was. He answered, no. Wierd, considering the MP5 has been out for 40+ years. Didn't he ever see "Die Hard"?

·
Registered
117 Posts
well it is very cool you let them shoot it and schooled them on what they were shooting .at least you didn't get the old"what do you need that for?" question

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
That's very nice of you to do that, JDW.

I went to my FFL today to pick up my new Dakota D54P-N and spent a few minutes talking to the owner's Dad who is in his late 70's. Mr. Weir is showing early signs of Parkinson's and I was told that he is also suffering from Alzheimer's. While I was waiting for the owner to run my NCIS check, I had a chat with the old man and he asked me what kind of gun I was picking up today. I took it out of the box and showed him. He instantly recognized the gun and his face lit up. "Nice, young man. An MP5!". He did ask me what happened to the stock, though. :wink:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I know when some guys let me shoot their HK's for the first time I thought they were the coolest guys ever. I'll always let people try my stuff out at the range. Its a very positive thing. Good form JDW67- kudos.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm always open to letting people try out my guns. The only bad thing was that after letting all those people try my 94, I ended up taking a 2 hour lunch... :)

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I remember my first MP5 experience. I worked at an indoor range and this guy was a good long standing customer, I was the new guy. I made the off handed offer to clean his MP5 for him if he'd let me put a mag through it. He supplied the full mags and I cleaned the gun! We became quite good friends after that and he'd actually hire me to go to his house and clean his wide collection of NFA items after each Knob Creek shoot. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to fire his HK21 but I learned a lot about it and many others.
That was the beginning of my personal HK addiction.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Folks would see me shooting my MP-5 at the range, and almost always they'd say "Wow -- I love your Uzi!"

:68:

Most non-experts see a subgun that's not a Thompson and its automatically an Uzi to them. Most folks, even casual shooters, get their firearm education from TV.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Most non-experts see a subgun that's not a Thompson and its automatically an Uzi to them. Most folks, even casual shooters, get their firearm education from TV.
I had a person pick up a Tokarev TT33 and tell me it was a Luger.

:720:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts