HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the "soon to be new HK45 owner" here's my range report-a success, of course!

By getting "creative" with my bill payments, I was able to finish paying for my laid-away HK45 and picked it up today.

Ammo used at the indoor range today was some white box hardball, a few rounds of Gold Dot 200 grain plus +P hollowpoint, and a few rounds of Federal 230 grain +P hollow point. Since ammo is really costly, I only fired enough to ensure proper functioning. There were no failures. Plus P is stout, even in that full sized pistol, but not daunting. My "super special highly classified secret recipe" reliability test worked perfectly. (weak hand unsupported, loosely held and angled 90 degrees to the left) If a pistol works under those conditions, it's going to be a winner, as I have found over the years.

Installing the thicker back strap gave me better purchase on the trigger, making the double action pull less difficult. Still, when carried, I will go Condition One. I go way back to the 70s when we shot combat matches with our 1911s, so Condition One is sort of natural...even after all these years.

I have two Remora brand no-belt loop holsters, and they both work with this pistol. I originally got them for my Glock 17. This pistol will be carried from time to time, as an alternative to my Glock.

Thanks, users for the tips on what ammo -not- to use. It helped! I haven't bought ammo for a few years, so it was "sticker-shock city" at the local gun shop!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Congrats, its amazing how one will make the funds happen when u find a pistol that fits. Agreed, Cocked and locked is the only way to carry.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Congrats on your new toy, yea, I've older ammo sitting around with price stickers less than 1/3 of the new stuff... quite a shock....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts