HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm thinking of getting the HK 45c, held one in my hand and fell in love with it right away, feels very good in my hand, what a nice pistol, I own the P30 and Love it, HK 45c
any comments, pics, pros / cons would be very much appreciated.... thanks!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It's a great pistol. The grip is very lacking though. Especially if you are used to a P30.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also own the P30 and love it! I like the HK 45c as well. Not the easiest pistol to get a hold of right now it seems. Can't go wrong with HK reliability. . The HK45c had less recoil then some other .45 polymer framed pistols I have fired. I fired the LEM version as well as the SA/DA. Both were very smooth. I prefer the SA/DA, I like the trigger reset better coming off of the single action. Another cool thing is in a lot of cases they will use the same holster. For example a black hawk serpa holster labeled for the HK P30 will house the HK45c. So if that becomes your next purchase, may not have to shell out more change for additional holsters. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The HK45c is a fantastic handgun.

The only thing I'm not crazy about it is that the 10rd mags have that giant elephant foot baseplate but that would not stop me from buying one in the least.

It's on my list :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's a great pistol. The grip is very lacking though. Especially if you are used to a P30.
Yea the P30 grip is incomparable. I also like the larger mag release on the P30 opposed to the release on the 45c. I guess HK had to make some changes or it just would of been a P30 chambered in .45. Even though i agree with hkman on the grip.. I don't think the grip is all that bad. You said you seemed to like the grip when you held it.. so I think that wont be a problem for you.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
The HK45c feels great in my hand also. Very accurate as expected, its an HK. Felt and shoots so well I bought another one. Funny thing, all HK pistols feel good in my hand.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Funny thing, all HK pistols feel good in my hand.
They sure do!

I've been thinking of a HK45c as well but I just can't bring myself to buying one lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
P30 was my first HK followed by. HK45c....both are great pistols, grip on the P30 a little better but a .45 my choice for EDC.

Go for the .45

·
Registered
993 Posts
45C is great and then some. It is among one of my all time favorites. I like shooting it a lot more than my full size HK45.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Only reason I can think of is that its a compromise between a full-size 45, and a carry weapon. Unless you want the .45 round, you can get more concealability out of a P2000 or P30. And you can get more capacity out of an HK45. But, if you want a gun that can be used for both, the HK45c is absolutely the best.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yea the P30 grip is incomparable. I also like the larger mag release on the P30 opposed to the release on the 45c. I guess HK had to make some changes or it just would of been a P30 chambered in .45. Even though i agree with hkman on the grip.. I don't think the grip is all that bad. You said you seemed to like the grip when you held it.. so I think that wont be a problem for you.
I agree on all points! Do it...you won't regret it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Only reason I can think of is that its a compromise between a full-size 45, and a carry weapon. Unless you want the .45 round, you can get more concealability out of a P2000 or P30. And you can get more capacity out of an HK45. But, if you want a gun that can be used for both, the HK45c is absolutely the best.
I don't necessarily agree on better concealability with the P30...I own both...the P30 grip is about 1/2" longer than the HK45c...the slide on the
45c is longer but only by about 1/4"...other than that, the slide is identical... they're both easily to conceal IMO...but the 45c smaller grip makes it the better choice to me...all this in a .45...AWESOME!!

·
Priest of the P7
5,037 Posts
Can you get more capacity out of a full size HK45? I have several 10 round mags for my HK45C and as far as I know that is the max capacity for the HK45 (at least I haven't found any higher cap mags for mine).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts