HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
edited to add - just got clarification, it is Samson 158g blue tip subsonic - so I searched for 158g, found this old post

"The 158gr.rds. work well in about all "open bolt" sub guns like the swedish k and the UZI. The problem with firing it in the H&K MP5's is they have a "roller locking" bolt and the extra weight hammers the S**t out of the rollers and they will fall out ofthe bolt when you go to clean the gun. I use 147gr.rds. in my MP5 when I fire it with a suppressor and 158gr. in my UZI when I fire it surpressed. In an open bolt the 158gr. is quiter as it takes more energy to open and move a open bolt because noise is energy and the movement of the bolt uses up some of the energy hence it is quiter. "

Did a search here and found one post guy says he shoots it, one says he heard to stay away.

I would like to use it in a mp5k type (5.5" barrel) sbr when supressed and maybe in my glock (when the can is there instead of on the sbr).

So are you in agreement with the above?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Have a guy who wants to trade me some Israeli 147g 9mm subsonic blue tip. He didn't say specifically that it was "imi", just Israeli - is Samson the same?

Did a search here and found one post guy says he shoots it, one says he heard to stay away.

I would like to use it in a mp5k type (5.5" barrel) sbr when supressed and maybe in my glock (when the can is there instead of on the sbr).

what's the story on it?
I remember reading something a while back that said don't use it in an MP5. Are you sure it isn't 158-grain? I wasn't aware IMI made any 147 for the UZI. The blue-tip loads are 158. If you end up getting it, I'll trade you some 147-grain loads for it. It will run fine in my Vector UZI :)

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
138 Posts
Many moons ago, the Samson 158 gr ammo was the only way to get subsonic 9mm unless you loaded your own. Now, with Remington, Winchester, Federal and others all loading 147 gr subsonic there's no need to abuse your HK with the Samson stuff.

Unless you have a huge stash of it, use it up in something else or trade it off for 147 gr stuff.

YMMV

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
MP5 & MP5K-PDW

I use the 158 grain in both my MP5 and MP5K-PDW when I use my EVO-9 suppressor.

It is a super quiet load but hardly effective as a self defense round.

And my weapons eat it up just fine with no ill effects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts