HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night SWMBO and I were remembering a friend who was a study partner and graduated from the same medical program as Mrs Azimuth. He left almost immediately from graduation into the military and then off to Iraq leaving an expectant wife behind. A few months after his arrival in the sand box he was mortally wounded by an IED leaving a wife and new born baby girl behind; a daughter he never even held. So in his honor I decorated one of my USPs and showed it to Mrs Azimuth this morning. She likes it. I don't know how long I'll leave it on, but here it is...

Those who read this language may recognize it. It says 'infidel'...pretty much fits our friend's personality. Name withheld for privacy

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Do whatever it takes to keep the memory alive

·
Registered
166 Posts
Last night SWMBO and I were remembering a friend who was a study partner and graduated from the same medical program as Mrs Azimuth. He left almost immediately from graduation into the military and then off to Iraq leaving an expectant wife behind. A few months after his arrival in the sand box he was mortally wounded by an IED leaving a wife and new born baby girl behind; a daughter he never even held. So in his honor I decorated one of my USPs and showed it to Mrs Azimuth this morning. She likes it. I don't know how long I'll leave it on, but here it is...

Those who read this language may recognize it. It says 'infidel'...pretty much fits our friend's personality. Name withheld for privacy
There is so much I would like to say about that but this is not the place.. Keep it on there for as long as you need to... I am sorry for this family's loss

·
Super Moderator
6,047 Posts

That looks great man. Keep his memory alive and I hope his family is going to be alright (as best they can that is). It is never easy. Glad to see you are doing what you can too. I'm sure this would mean a lot to him.

·
Registered
275 Posts
As long as they are remembered, they are never completely gone... Cant imagine the loss to the family though. But I will say that I smiled when I read what it said!!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I think all too often people loose sight of the tragedies that war can leave here at home. Your friend has found peace, we should all say a prayer for his family as well as for all the families who have lost a father or a mother.

Nice job on the firearm, you've honored him well :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
My condolences to his family and yours sir.
Its so incredibly hard to lose a loved one to war. I Thank him in my prayers for his service and dedication to be part of the preservation of our freedoms here in the states.

Perhaps we could construct a fund, we all here at HKPRO can donate to in his memory for his loved ones future.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I shall remember him along with my other fallen brethren. 23 at last count. Been a long damn war.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Longest in US history.

Thankfully, the casualty rate has been far lower than past wars.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
As a civilian and shooting hobbyist, I read posts like this and it reminds me of those who've sacrificed so much so that I, along with millions of other Americans, can enjoy the freedoms that we sometimes overlook.

I wish everyone could have a moment like mine, at this very moment...and feel grateful for those who serve now and those before them.

Thank you for sharing azimuth.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Longest in US history.

Thankfully, the casualty rate has been far lower than past wars.
Body armor and MRAP's. Without them, and the UAH's we'd have been screwed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've been hit by two IEDs this past year. Found a bunch rolling on RCP.

Even captured and killed a few guys emplacing them.

There's really nothing you can do to stop them for the most part.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. This is the only mod on this gun sanctioned by SWMBO. Fortunately it appears to have an umbrella effect so all previous upgrades are now sanctioned too. I'd also like to say to those serving now and who have served, thank you for your service and sacrifice. God bless you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts