HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title stated I am seeking a qualified H&K riflesmith. I have narrowed down the field to the following three choices and would appreciate receiving some advice from the collective expertise of this forum. In no particular order this these establishments are my considerations:
*Bahnhof Machine

*TPM Outfitters

*Midwest Gun Works

Thanx in advance
Nose Chin Hairstyle Hat Mouth

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
Agreed, for what services?

MGW is a retailer of parts. Not sure why they are on the list.

Currently, I say Jeff @ghilliebear2000 at PCS, without knowing what you need. Build, or repair?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Currently, I say Jeff @ghilliebear2000 at PCS, without knowing what you need. Build, or repair?
I was told they did HK work. If not then I’m in error.
Repair.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
I will still say Jeff at PCS.

From your list, I guess I'd pick Bahnoff as he learned from Mike at TSC

I'm sure TPM could do it, but I think of them more as 9mm builders.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
HK-91 work. At this juncture that’s all I wish to say.
Why being so secretive? I mean you are asking for help in a forum that some are trying to help out because it's the right thing to do for others.

It could be as simple as replacing the spring on the bolt group or adding spacers for the bolt gap. Was it working before? started shooting FA? with a can? replaced the stock? perhaps the buffer is old and worn out?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Why being so secretive? I mean you are asking for help in a forum that some are trying to help out because it's the right thing to do for others.

It could be as simple as replacing the spring on the bolt group or adding spacers for the bolt gap. Was it working before? started shooting FA? with a can? replaced the stock? perhaps the buffer is old and worn out?
I apologize for being vague and opaque however my reason(s) for doing so will become apparent in an upcoming post. I’m not trying to be a secret squirrel drama queen, I just need the recommendation of an outfit who can do any and all quality repair work on an HK-91.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
All well, this is like a good book, you got me curious until the next chapter! good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All well, this is like a good book, you got me curious until the next chapter! good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.
Trust me, it’s a “chapter” in a story I really wish never happened.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Facebook and Twitter are both satanic brain poison of which I have not partaken. Yet, this post has captured my dark side. Out of morbid curiosity I am setting an alarm to wake me at 2 am to view HK Pro and partake of the great reveal. Moses brought The Ten Commandments. Who Dat is bringing the secret story of his HK-91.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Seek out Ralph at RDTS in Scottsdale. Use your phone.

Not the easiest guy to get ahold of, but definitely worth the job.

He has done several HK91's for me, totally satisfied.

Conelrad

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's your guy !
In Iraq back in 04’ I was going to be given a room in a remodeled storage area located in a corner of a warehouse. Iraqi contractors constructed a bathroom in a corner of that room consisting of a shower, a sh!tter, and a sink. The construction foreman (a guy from Lebanon) had inspected all the work and certified the room/work was 100% completed and ready for me to move in. So, I walked into the bathroom and stared in disbelief when I saw the workers put the switch for the overhead light literally inside the shower stall because in Iraq all it took to be an electrician was just claiming to be one.

I’ve learned the hard way that like in Iraq, all it really takes in America to be a gunsmith is literally just hanging out your shingle and say, “I’m a gunsmith.”

Reactions: Crashmc

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Unless I missed it, you never said what the issue was with your rifle. You asked for help. And then never said what sort of help you needed. Rather odd indeed. And I would not recommend you contact any reputable builder thinking that you would waste their time as well. I certainly would not want to be associated with that call.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,764 Posts
I'm pretty sure Mike at TSC is still accepting work. I'd send him your HK91. He's the best! He's just not taking HK21/23E work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts