HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the site for a while and have made a number of posts. However, I have been unable to include photos in my posts. I've read some of the older threads on posting photos, but that hasn't helped.

When I click on the "image" icon, it opens a dialog box that allows me to select and then upload a file. I've tried several times to upload a .jpg file (one of the formats specifically mentioned as being supported) that is 24.5 kb. After clicking on "upload file", the file is added to a list in the dialog box, but it has a "!" in a red circle beside it, and the only options the dialog box gives at that point is "clear list" or click the "X" to close the dialog box. Either way, I don't get the photo added to the post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You have to be a premium member to upload directly to the site. Otherwise the best bet is to use an external image site and then use the forum links on that site to post pictures. I actually prefer to do it that way myself. Pics tend to be better and faster to upload. Here is an excellent referral post for you.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pistols-sale/82889-how-post-pictures.html

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Otherwise the best bet is to use an external image site and then use the forum links on that site to post pictures. I actually prefer to do it that way myself. Pics tend to be better and faster to upload.
What he said. I also use Tinypic.com as well.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the assistance.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Most likely, a "syntax" error. You need to include the link with the [...] stuff. It is an archaic type of post and upload, but it is necessary for the upload. Try using the upload data as it exists in the image shack,and you might have better luck. Best, tim

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
To see an example of how it's all done, look at this response as a "reply with quote" and you will see how the pic is laid out with correct format. (disregard the quote and brackets with it).

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To see an example of how it's all done, look at this response as a "reply with quote" and you will see how the pic is laid out with correct format. (disregard the quote and brackets with it).

Let's see if this works

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Shattered Mind.

No more questions.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Joo got it, Mang...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts