HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the 28/80 LP from hkparts and it has different markings on it vs the website. When I tried to put it into the bolt head on my PTR 9KT the tapered end that slides inside the bolt head was too thick! I am now concerned that I either got the incorrect LP (I thought they didn’t make 28/80 for full-size) or that my PTR bolt head is wonky and out of spec. A pic of the LP below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Are you able to re-assemble with the original LP? (my way of delicately asking if you are assembling correctly :wink:)

Is this genuine HK or RCM?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
If it don't fit, it don't fit. It would be unusual, but I would lean toward the new LP being out of spec. Have you function checked your new PTR with the original?

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Are you able to re-assemble with the original LP? (my way of delicately asking if you are assembling correctly :wink:)

Is this genuine HK or RCM?
Doesn't look like any Hk German locking piece I have ever seen. The characters at the top of the pic are not on any locking piece I have for HK weapons.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Doesn't look like any Hk German locking piece I have ever seen. The characters at the top of the pic are not on any locking piece I have for HK weapons.
For sure, I didn't know RCM was marking their product with HK style date codes though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it don't fit, it don't fit. It would be unusual, but I would lean toward the new LP being out of spec. Have you function checked your new PTR with the original?
Yeah I took it to the range and fired 150rds trouble free with the original LP. I’m currently trying to troubleshoot why I have roller marks and the blue buffer on my Sb brace keeps getting beat to death. I’ve used two blue buffers so far. After around 300rds the buffer is beaten into small fragments l. My bolt gap is in spec so I’m confused.

I have a suppressor and Form 1 on the way so i bought the 80* LP for suppressed fire with 147gr

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the bolt gap is in spec, the roller marks are probably due to running with the failed buffer.
Do you know if it’s normal for a buffer to get beat up that badly? I guess I could try and buy a thicker replacement since the blue ones that come with the Sb brace are pretty thin

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE: I spoke with other people who have purchased the same LP I did and it wouldn’t fit in their PTR 9KT either. Two other people so far have come forward to say this and I’ve had nobody reply with theirs fitting. I’ve ordered an RCM 80 degree and will report back with fitment

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
UPDATE: I spoke with other people who have purchased the same LP I did and it wouldn’t fit in their PTR 9KT either. Two other people so far have come forward to say this and I’ve had nobody reply with theirs fitting. I’ve ordered an RCM 80 degree and will report back with fitment
So who other than RCM is manufacturing these then?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm contacting PTR about sending mine in. I ordered the same locking piece as you with the same result. I've had nothing but problem with mine though. I am experiencing the same problem with the SB brace buffer, mine is destroyed after only firing about 500 rounds through it. The carrier assembly appears to be striking the metal just below the buffer as well (I posted pictures in the SB brace problems thread). I replaced the end cap today and went to shoot but only got about 40 rounds through it before I gave up, but it doesn't look like the carrier assembly is striking the metal on it, and the buffer seemed fine. How is your shooting? I rarely get more than one shot off before jamming.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm contacting PTR about sending mine in. I ordered the same locking piece as you with the same result. I've had nothing but problem with mine though. I am experiencing the same problem with the SB brace buffer, mine is destroyed after only firing about 500 rounds through it. The carrier assembly appears to be striking the metal just below the buffer as well (I posted pictures in the SB brace problems thread). I replaced the end cap today and went to shoot but only got about 40 rounds through it before I gave up, but it doesn't look like the carrier assembly is striking the metal on it, and the buffer seemed fine. How is your shooting? I rarely get more than one shot off before jamming.
I’ve got nearly identical problems. I’ve tried the HK parts LP and the RCM LP and neither fit. I have roller marks and the buffers get destroyed like yours. Gonna send it in this weekend

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have the same problem with my PTR 9KT. i bought the US made 80deg LP from HK parts and it doesn't fit. the stock LP runs fine but i'm running a suppressor and PTR told me to get an 80 deg LP. They also said the US ones don't always fit but the price difference between them is insane. I was hoping id get lucky and get one that was in spec but i guess i'll have to pay for the german one. Has anyone tried an RCM LP? i'm seeing those at brownells for $40

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the PTR and bough my a German 80 degree locking piece. It would not fit. I think it is the carrier and not the locking piece. Sent it to PTR and it should be back on MondayZ I sent the locking piece and the gun back to PTR. Hopefully it is fixed now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What’s happening is that PTR knows that their bolts are out of spec. They are replacing/machining the bolts so the locking pieces fit.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I tried the RCM 80* LP in my PTR 9KT but it wouldn't fit. I've got a couple of posts on my rather poor experience with PTR on it. The ended up sending me a new 9KT, and although the RCM LP will fit, the bolt gap is way out of spec. So now I will either need to get the HK LP or get an RCM bolt head. I've heard that some people have done this and it has worked.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
What’s happening is that PTR knows that their bolts are out of spec. They are replacing/machining the bolts so the locking pieces fit.

While my replacement 9KT bolt will accept the RCM LP, the bolt gap is at least .025. That's the thickest gauge I had so I don't really know how big it actually is.to get it back into spec I would need at least a -6 roller pair which I'm not sure I want to do.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts