HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
TooSixy,
About the TRS, it might be good to note that there are four (4) different ones. I have a USPc V1 that came with this one, a Light and heavy LEM that came with the kit, and there is a Match TRS too. For Light LEM, you can either keep the one that came in the gun or use the black painted (light TRS) that comes in the kit. There a SLIGHT difference with the two, but its mostly in the reset (I tested both and ended up keeping the one that came with the kit, as the reset isn't as forced). I'm anticipating trying the match TRS, but I don't know if it would cause more flinching or anticipation for me.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The difference between the stock TRS and Light TRS is so minuscure that either one could be used for Light LEM. The Light TRS is actually identified as part #6 in the picture. So is Heavy TRS (part #7). The Match TRS is never used in a LEM configuration.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Match TRS is never used in a LEM configuration.
Is there a functional or safety reason for this? Im thinking of dropping this in to see whats its like, but I know some people have trouble with it in an LEM setup with not resetting when letting off the trigger too slow. I don't think I want to spend the money to find this out, but my curiosity is killing me, lol. I'm definitely going to get the match sear spring.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I updated this thread with the individual part numbers for the Match + LEM Hybrid Trigger.
It is best to contact HK Customer Service and order the parts directly from them. You will save a bundle! Their Customer Service number is (706) 568-1906, press 2, then press 1 for Customer Service.

·
Leather & Lace Fiend
4,273 Posts
Good info here. Pinned up top.

·
Registered
176 Posts
TooSixy, THANKS for this great info. Are these part numbers below applicable to the USP in .40 S&W? I want to convert a couple of stock USP Tactical .40's to Match + LEM Hybrid. I believe the parts below will yield a 4.5 pound trigger pull, correct?

Match + LEM Hybrid
1. Match Trigger (215684)
2. Overtravel Stop Screw (215680)
3. Hex Wrench (958179)
4. Light TRS (209266) <-- Factory Match LEM Hybrid trigger uses the Light TRS for a more positive reset
5. Match Hammer Spring (215694)
6. Nickel Plated Flat Sear Spring (215691)
7. Catch (219442) <-- only for pre-2005 date code
8. LEM Sear (219439)
9. LEM Bobbed Hammer (219452)
10. LEM Cocking Piece (219443)
11. LEM Cocking Piece Spring (219444)
12. LEM Hammer Axle (214258)

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@AGTtactical: Same part numbers across the USP series. You will only need parts #4, and 8 to 12, since yours already has the Match Trigger parts. You might need part #7 if your gun's date code is AE=2004 or earlier. If it is AF=2005, you will not need it.

Those parts will give you a 4.5 to 5.0-lb trigger pull.

·
Registered
176 Posts
TooSixy, thanks for the awesome and timely response! I'm trying to get the exact part numbers because I recently sent another pistol, a USP, in to have a light LEM installed. When I got it back the trigger pull weight averaged nearly 7 pounds (trigger pull scale is correct)...clearly more than it should have been. The folks at HK have been great, but to avoid any potential mistakes, before I send off my two USP Tacticals I will specify the exact parts in the future.

Anyhow, thanks again. Hope I can return the favor one day. Semper Fi, Rod

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They will know exactly what parts to install on the gun if you tell them you want a Match LEM Hybrid conversion. No need to tell the specifics.
How did you measure the trigger weight when you got your gun back from HK? Did you rack the slide before measuring?

·
Registered
176 Posts
They will know exactly what parts to install on the gun if you tell them you want a Match LEM Hybrid conversion. No need to tell the specifics.
How did you measure the trigger weight when you got your gun back from HK? Did you rack the slide before measuring?
Yeah, I sure did rack it so the hammer was cocked, then measured it 10 times, racking the slide each time between measurements. Average was 6 pounds 10 ounces. Only lost a little over a pound off the trigger weight from the original LEM gun before I sent it, using the same trigger pull gauge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@AGTtactical: Same part numbers across the USP series. You will only need parts #4, and 8 to 12, since yours already has the Match Trigger parts. You might need part #7 if your gun's date code is AE=2004 or earlier. If it is AF=2005, you will not need it.

Those parts will give you a 4.5 to 5.0-lb trigger pull.
TooSixy,

I just wanted to verify before I order parts. This reply is the same if I want to covert a USP 45 Tactical to LEM/Match Hybrid?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TooSixy,

I just wanted to verify before I order parts. This reply is the same if I want to covert a USP 45 Tactical to LEM/Match Hybrid?
Yes, same parts. Also check your date code or look at the catch and make sure you have the longer catch.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does anyone know how much HK charges to install the Match + LEM Hybrid kit? My USP is an AE date code and is currently DA/SA with Safety Decocker. Does converting to Match + LEM Hybrid remove the safety lever or will it still work?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does anyone know how much HK charges to install the Match + LEM Hybrid kit? My USP is an AE date code and is currently DA/SA with Safety Decocker. Does converting to Match + LEM Hybrid remove the safety lever or will it still work?
You can keep or lose the safety lever when converting to Match LEM Hybrid trigger.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.