HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting a thread on the different Manufacturers of HK Registered Trigger Packs, Sears and Housings along with photos. I am sure I am missing a few so if you have a picture or know of a Manufacturer not listed please post if you happen to know quantities manufactured pm me. I see that lots of photos are disappearing from the Inner web due to photo bucket, trying to save some. This will be a work in progress. Thanks Informational Purposes Only Do your own due diligence Nfa legal caution ***Firearms | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Registered Trigger Packs

1. DLO Trigger Pack Qty MFD 50+/-

DLO.jpg DLO5.jpg DLO2.jpg DLO3.jpg DLOBox3.jpg DLO Box for Post Right.JPG Jacked Up DLO.jpg DLO4.JPG DLO & Stamp Small & Cropped.jpg DLO.JPG MGT.JPG

2. RDTS Trigger Pack Qty MFD 6
RDTS.jpg RTDS1.jpg RTDS2.jpg RDTS1.jpg

3. La France Trigger Pack w/Proprietary Sear Qty MFD 138+/-
LaFrance3.PNG LaFrance1.jpg La France.jpg La France.jpg LaFrance4.jpg LaFrance2.jpg ls-f4-serials.jpg ls-frame.jpg framex3a.jpg SEF2ambiX3.jpg
IMG_6661.jpg.bd49f13badbf63808afdf032ded2952c.jpg IMG_6662.thumb.jpg.0e3f64a81fac8e7933fae355554317d5.jpg La France.JPG LaFrance2.JPG LaFrance5.JPG LaFrance4.JPG LaFrance1.JPG

4. Wilson Arms Trigger Pack Qty MFD Unknown
Wilson.jpg Wilson.jpg Wilson1.jpg Wilson.JPG Wilson1.JPG WilsonPack1.JPG WilsonPack2.JPG

5. Neal Smith Trigger Pack Qty MFD Unknown
According to Neal Smith Himself he did not Register Any Trigger Packs he only Registered Receiver Guns I will allow these to stay on here for now but they may be removed in the future

NeilSmith.jpg Neal.jpg NeilSmithPack.jpg NeilSmith1.jpg NS.PNG NS2.PNG NS.JPG

6. Alltec Trigger Pack Qty MFD 30 +/-
Alltech.JPG Alltec.jpg nfafirearms.29072.1.jpg nfafirearms.29072.3.jpg Alltech.JPG Alltech1.JPG Alltech2.JPG

7. ACP Arsenal Trigger Pack Qty MFD Unknown
ACP.jpg

8. Weapons Specialties Trigger Pack Qty MFD Unknown
Weapons Specialty1.JPG Weapons Specialty.JPG

9. Jonathan Ciener Trigger Pack Qty MFD Unknown
JC Pack.jpg

10. Knights Armament Trigger Pack Qty MFD Unknown
post-1-127179989672.jpg nfa-sef-exploded-view.jpg Knight trigger pack next to DLO, I need better picture if someone has one.

11. Hard Times Armory Trigger Pack Qty MFD Unknown
hta-pack.jpg nfafirearms.26328.4.jpg

12. Ozark Mountain Arsenal Trigger Pack Qty MFD Less than 10
Ozark.jpg

Registered Sears
FlemPrice.JPG MultSears.jpg

1. Fleming Sear Qty MFD 3500
Fleming.jpg Fleming1.jpg Fleming2.jpg IMG_1065 C.jpg qryc6a.jpg Flem1.jpg SEAR.thumb.jpg.25d72fe55d7ccf88aac49bfe47a2e5ff.jpg FlemingSear.PNG Fleminstalled.jpg Fleming Engraving.jpg 58cecd490a887_1105015.jpg Fsears1.PNG nfafirearms.29310.1.jpg sear2.gif
___
Fleming Sears that have been welded on to work in burst pack, supposedly around 20 altered/added on to this way.
FlemingWeld.PNG FlemingWeld1.PNG FlemingWeld2.PNG FWeld.PNG FlemingSearBurstPackWeld.jpg Fleming 4 position.jpg Fleming Sear Weld1.JPG FlemingSearWeld.JPG

2. Qualified Sear Qty MFD 1500
QSear.PNG Qsear.jpg qualifiedsear.jpg QSear2.PNG Sear5.PNG 27459392_10210881591975671_5713819246510744076_n.jpg Sear1.PNG Sear2.PNG Sear3.PNG KForm.jpg images.jpg
_
Qualified Sears that have been welded on
Oqn48E3.jpg

3. S&H Sear Qty MFD 2000+
SH.jpg SH1.jpg SH2.jpg S&H.jpg SH.JPG SH1.JPG SHH.jpg

4. Bed Rock Sear Qty MFD Unknown
bedrock.jpg bedrock1.jpg BRock.PNG

5. Jonathan Ciener Sear Qty MFD 250
Ceiner Sear.jpg Ciener.jpg CienerSear.jpg JCSear.jpg Ceiner.JPG Ceiner1.JPG Ceiner2.JPG CeinerSear.JPG CeinerSear1.JPG CeinerSear2.JPG JC.jpg
2nd from left

6. Hard Time Armory Sear Qty MFD Unknown
Ceiner Sear.jpg
3rd from left

7.Weapons Specialties Sear Qty MFD Unknown
Need Photo

Registered Housings

1. Knights Armament Co. Housing Qty MFD Unknown

post-1-1180484589.jpg Kac.jpg KAC1.jpg

2. Jonathan Ciener Housing Qty MFD Unknown
post-1-127179943614.jpg

3. Wilson Arms Housing Qty MFD Unknown
Need Photo

4. Group Industries Housing Qty MFD Unknown

GroupInd.jpg GroupI.jpg

5. DLO Housing Qty MFD Unkown
Need Photo

·
Registered
691 Posts
Good thread. I have a DLO frame and have inspected a Neal Smith frame that was in a dealer friend's inventory. I think Smith was really insightful in that he took semiauto frames and welded steel into them to allow installation of a factory autosear. To me this seems the most intuitive way to make a conversion device if factory FA frames were not available for conversion.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good thread. I have a DLO frame and have inspected a Neal Smith frame that was in a dealer friend's inventory. I think Smith was really insightful in that he took semiauto frames and welded steel into them to allow installation of a factory autosear. To me this seems the most intuitive way to make a conversion device if factory FA frames were not available for conversion.
Thanks!!!..........I did not know that about Neal's trigger packs thanks for sharing...........

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
You can add Wilson Arms to the list of registered housings.

I own one.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Frank also recently had a RDTS 4-position burst ambi registered frame. OP may want to add that one too.

I own one.
Neat. How long have you owned it? Out of curiosity, is your frame's front/bottom edge milled to fit over the semiauto shelf. The one in the photo in this thread was recently listed by Frank and it doesn't appear to have been milled to fit over the shelf.

Thanks!!!..........I did not know that about Neil's trigger packs thanks for sharing...........
Look at the front/bottom of the Smith frame. It still has the hole for semiauto elbow spring axle. I was really impressed when I held it and inspected.

The same dealer had a Ceiner registered sera/lower (couldn't tell what was registered because the sear, frame, and steel lower were all engraved by Ceiner with his info and the serial number. We took it all apart out of curiosity to inspect it. I took a bunch of crappy flip phone photos at the time but have no idea what I did with the photos. The serial number on the sear was engraved up the integral trip lever. Prior to inspecting the sear, I wondered why someone didn't just mill off the integral trip in order to make it mechanically similar to the factory friction sear and registered sears made by fleming, qualified, and S&H. Once I saw that the serial number was on the integral trip ever I realized this was not feasible.

The KAC registered lowers appear to use a very similar sear with integral trip lever. Given their close geographic proximity to Ceiner at the time, I wonder if Knight simply used the same sear as Ceiner.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

I own one.
Ok thanks.......can you post a photo with the serial number blurred if you dont mind?

Frank also recently had a RDTS 4-position burst ambi registered frame. OP may want to add that one too.
It was a registered trigger pack not registered lower housing http://www.gunbroker.com/item/656962236 ............Also the Wilson Trigger pack listed above is milled ever so slightly just enough apparently

The KAC registered lowers appear to use a very similar sear with integral trip lever. Given their close geographic proximity to Ceiner at the time, I wonder if Knight simply used the same sear as Ceiner.
You may be right.......If you look at the La France pack it is very similar also with its proprietary sear..........

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ok thanks.......can you post a photo with the serial number blurred if you dont mind?

It was a registered trigger pack not registered lower housing http://www.gunbroker.com/item/656962236 ............Also the Wilson Trigger pack listed above is milled ever so slightly just enough apparently

You may be right.......If you look at the La France pack it is very similar also with its proprietary sear..........
Yeah I believe RDTS 4-pos is a registered frame.

The LaFrance sears are very interesting and look quite robust. The LaFrance registered lower is what piqued my interest in finding a registered factory FA frame that accepted all factory FA parts. Shortly after that interest was piqued, Doug Oefinger posted some of his frames for sale on Subguns. Being that I check Subguns and Sturm about 2-3 times a day to see what's being listed (yes, it's a sickness) I saw his ad and immediately jumped on it. This was in '06.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah I believe RDTS 4-pos is a registered frame.

The LaFrance sears are very interesting and look quite robust. The LaFrance registered lower is what piqued my interest in finding a registered factory FA frame that accepted all factory FA parts. Shortly after that interest was piqued, Doug Oefinger posted some of his frames for sale on Subguns. Being that I check Subguns and Sturm about 2-3 times a day to see what's being listed (yes, it's a sickness) I saw his ad and immediately jumped on it. This was in '06.
I thought that in beginning also but that is the misconception on La France Packs they do NOT take all HK German Full Auto Parts and legally that Proprietary Sear is married to the La France Trigger Pack.........Great explanation in photo below.
LF.PNG

·
Registered
691 Posts
I thought that in beginning also but that is the misconception on La France Packs they do NOT take all HK German Full Auto Parts and legally that Proprietary Sear is married to the La France Trigger Pack.........Great explanation in photo below.
View attachment 126042
Exactly. I believe I inquired about LaFrance packs either here or on Subguns back in '06. When I learned that they did not use all factory FCG parts, I began searching for one that did. And then, voila....Doug posted his on Subguns literally a month or so later.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Great to finally have a modernized database like this! I hope you stay active and update your OP Trey. About time that someone built upon and outdid this long abandoned HK conversion device FAQ, which has been the only other comprehensive single source that I was aware of.

At first I wanted a DLO frame because it could use factory original internals, but I also wanted ambi + burst, and DLO frames were only manufactured/registered in SEF frames. Then I came across an HTA frame that was already in ambi (another to add to OP FAQ btw). This one was originally listed on subguns on September of 2015. Seller wanted $35k firm. He also claimed to have a Qualified frame, but he never showed proof or pics:
hta-pack.jpg nfafirearms.26328.4.jpg

Some HKpro members advised me against the HTA because they had a terrible rep for shoddy quality, that they wouldn't buy an HTA at any price, and so the search continued. Soon after I was offered exactly what I sought: an ambidextrous transferable HK trigger frame that utilized all factory original German HK full-auto internals (that means absolutely no proprietary/married/non-HK sear), registered by a manufacturer with a solid rep

The answer was the transferable La France AMBI frames (another to add to OP FAQ btw to clear up the misconception that La France pack means SEF only with married sear).
ls-frame.jpg ls-stamp.jpg LaFrance-packs-trilogy.jpg

Surely the La France ambi variant is super rare, but they do indeed exist in the registry. Another rare variant is the transferable Colt M4 Commando Enhanced with factory 4 position selector built 1998, which is as rare as it gets and that translates to even more doubters, to the point that there's a thread on sturm loaded with bitter naysayers that refuse to believe that this specific machine gun can be a transferable. Multiple sources have told me that there should only be 1 in the registry for this model, so just because you never see certain machine guns for sale doesn't mean they don't exist on the registry.
m4ce.jpg neo-m4ce.jpg m4ce2.jpg m4-stamp.jpg

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Great to finally have a modernized database like this! I hope you stay active and update your OP Trey. About time that someone built upon and outdid this long abandoned HK conversion device FAQ, which has been the only other comprehensive single source that I was aware of.

At first I wanted a DLO frame because it could use factory original internals, but I also wanted ambi + burst, and DLO frames were only manufactured/registered in SEF frames. Then I came across an HTA frame that was already in ambi (another to add to OP FAQ btw). This one was originally listed on subguns on September of 2015. Seller wanted $35k firm. He also claimed to have a Qualified frame, but he never showed proof or pics:
View attachment 126154 View attachment 126218

Some HKpro members advised me against the HTA because they had a terrible rep for shoddy quality, that they wouldn't buy an HTA at any price, and so the search continued. Soon after I was offered exactly what I sought: an ambidextrous transferable HK trigger frame that utilized all factory original German HK full-auto internals (that means absolutely no proprietary/married/non-HK sear), registered by a manufacturer with a solid rep

The answer was the transferable La France AMBI frames (another to add to OP FAQ btw to clear up the misconception that La France pack means SEF only with married sear).
View attachment 126162 View attachment 126170 View attachment 126178

Surely the La France ambi variant is super rare, but they do indeed exist in the registry. Another rare variant is the transferable Colt M4 Commando Enhanced with factory 4 position selector built 1998, which is as rare as it gets and that translates to even more doubters, to the point that there's a thread on sturm loaded with bitter naysayers that refuse to believe that this specific machine gun can be a transferable. Multiple sources have told me that there should only be 1 in the registry for this model, so just because you never see certain machine guns for sale doesn't mean they don't exist on the registry.
View attachment 126186 View attachment 126210 View attachment 126194 View attachment 126202
Thanks for the HTA photos Shawn...........Were all 3 of the La France Packs AMBI Frames or did you have them converted? Were the proprietary sears used in the conversion? Do you mind providing a picture/copy of one of the form 4's with maybe only one number blurred on the serial number for illustration. That is reason I posted other copies of form 4's sometimes there is confusion on what the serial number on the sear or pack is supposed to be/look like.............Thanks

Congrats on the Colt I remember what that one was listed for..................

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
222 Posts
Trey

Where does this fall, or does it fall into the spectrum?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/664416858
Brad,

That's a POSTIE only for Class III Dealers and Manufacturers. It would not fall into the purview of sears that would have been registered for civilians to own and unless you are a Class III MFG. / Dealer you could not own it.

Keep lookin' Brad. Lol

Frank in GA.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Brad,

That's a POSTIE only for Class III Dealers and Manufacturers. It would not fall into the purview of sears that would have been registered for civilians to own and unless you are a Class III MFG. / Dealer you could not own it.

Keep lookin' Brad. Lol

Frank in GA.
It appears to be an unaltered factory friction sear too.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts