HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see anything on tactical-weapons.com, and very little info here. All I've seen so far is an ad that ran in shotgun news listing this pistol at around $1450, with no mention of when or how many will be available.

Anyone know anything about this project? I've wanted a 53SD for a while, and I keep hearing that Coharie's quality is way up these days.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ca53

i just ordered the sbr and pistol in the 53sd model. i have 4 CA variants with yet another on the way before ordering the sd's. i have only shot about 200 rounds total thru the 4 variants and can honestly say they are sweet. that only averages about 50 rounds per gun, but no problems. i also have the 9mm sd but have yet to receive atf clearance to take home my suppressor, cant wait. CA puts out a nice product. if i were to say anything negative, its with the timing of product announcement and actual availability. they rarely put them out in the time frame announced, but usually within 1 month or so afterwards. the wait is worth it though, and as CA makes ALL the parts for ALL the other manufactures, soon only CA will be the sole supplier.
anyway, i say get one and you wont regret it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. How exactly did you go about ordering it? Any problems other than the longer wait time?

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just ordered the sbr and pistol in the 53sd model. i have 4 CA variants with yet another on the way before ordering the sd's. i have only shot about 200 rounds total thru the 4 variants and can honestly say they are sweet. that only averages about 50 rounds per gun, but no problems. i also have the 9mm sd but have yet to receive atf clearance to take home my suppressor, cant wait. CA puts out a nice product. if i were to say anything negative, its with the timing of product announcement and actual availability. they rarely put them out in the time frame announced, but usually within 1 month or so afterwards. the wait is worth it though, and as CA makes ALL the parts for ALL the other manufactures, soon only CA will be the sole supplier.
anyway, i say get one and you wont regret it.
we need pictures of all these wonderful guns!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check at HK54.net, the unofficial home of Coharie Arms. It looks like a really nice gun. Is this the one that uses AR magazines?

·
Registered
52 Posts
pics

i will try and post some pics. i dont know how, but will give it my best. as for ordering one, call 480-830-5652. talk with wendy and she'll get you on the list. if this info violates the board rules here, i apologize and will cease immediately. i truly dont want to stir the pot, just trying to help a guy out.
oh yeah, in case you are not aware, these will only accept the ar15 /m16 mag and not the hk .223 mag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts