HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a phone number or contact information for Orville Selmeyer from Qualified Manufacturing? i am looking at buying my first sear, and i would like to see if i could verify the serial number with him to make sure all is ok. thanks.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Typically one gets a copy of the Form 4 / Form 3 for the sear and possible take a look at it, but at nearing the cost of new pickup can see your concern.
Since it has been 26 years since they were made, most guys besides Doug and Curtis are out of the business by now ... good luck though.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
You could have the owner Send for a FOIA request.
That's my suggestion as well... get yer info from the horse's mouth.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did find out that the owner is a class 3 dealer. i would think that everything would be top notch. i will be looking at it this coming week.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
That the owner is a class 3 dealer means nothing. Witness the Mag-58s and M-60s with Mac-11/9 serial numbers... all owned by class 3 dealers. The best way to verify the serial number is to get it and call it in to ATF. They will tell you yes or no that it's in the registry and I'd also ask what it's registered AS... you don't want to get another M-11/9 registered as a Qualified sear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts