HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired my late grandfathers gun collection. One of the guns is a p7m8 gun that looks brand new. The only wear spot is on the upper left corner carry wear I'm guessing.

No box no tools no manual just the gun and one mag.
I have two guestions I need help with.

1. I cannot find a date code or an import mark anywhere on this pistol,and like I said it appears new possibly unfired. The lone mag has an IR datecode but I have no idea if this is an original mag. Is this odd for a hk to NOT have a date code?

2 is it possible to get a box, manual or scraper tool from hk? I know they stopped production on the p7 line.

I posted this over at the hk customer service site and emailed them but I haven't heard a word back from them.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I recently acquired my late grandfathers gun collection. One of the guns is a p7m8 gun that looks brand new. The only wear spot is on the upper left corner carry wear I'm guessing.

No box no tools no manual just the gun and one mag.
I have two guestions I need help with.

1. I cannot find a date code or an import mark anywhere on this pistol,and like I said it appears new possibly unfired. The lone mag has an IR datecode but I have no idea if this is an original mag. Is this odd for a hk to NOT have a date code?

2 is it possible to get a box, manual or scraper tool from hk? I know they stopped production on the p7 line.

I posted this over at the hk customer service site and emailed them but I haven't heard a word back from them.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for reading
Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but he sure had great taste in guns. Mine died about 3 years ago, and had a large gun collection. While none of them are especially valuable, some were 30 years old and had never been fired. They have great sentimental value to me, as some of my most memorable times with him were when we were out plinking.

Anyways - about the P7 - look on the right side of the frame, above the trigger where the serial number is. Is there a nitro eagle? Just to the right of it, between it and the stag horn should be the date code. Mine is II, so it doesn't really look like a code at all, just two vertical lines. There may not be import marks, but AFAIK, they all get date codes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only markings I can find are EXACTLY as follows frame left side. HECKLER & KOCH GMBH oberndorf/n made in germany
9x19
Right side of frame sn 112xxx m8 there is an eagle with what looks like bwb in the middle,that's all I can find.

Its a neat gun but I might trade it for a usp45 fullsize. I'm keeping gramps colt 1911's.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The only markings I can find are EXACTLY as follows frame left side. HECKLER & KOCH GMBH oberndorf/n made in germany
9x19
Right side of frame sn 112xxx m8 there is an eagle with what looks like bwb in the middle,that's all I can find.

Its a neat gun but I might trade it for a usp45 fullsize. I'm keeping gramps colt 1911's.
You might find it's not only more valuable over time than the USP, but more fun to shoot and more accurate as well. Save your pennies and buy a used USPf .45 and keep the little P7M8. You won't regret it. Have you found the actual date stamped on the frame? Rather than a date code perhaps the month and year. My P7PSP is stamped 11/85 whereas my P7M8 is stamped AE.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You might find it's not only more valuable over time than the USP, but more fun to shoot and more accurate as well. Save your pennies and buy a used USPf .45 and keep the little P7M8. You won't regret it. Have you found the actual date stamped on the frame? Rather than a date code perhaps the month and year. My P7PSP is stamped 11/85 whereas my P7M8 is stamped AE.
No date and no date code. And I've been over this pistol with a fine tooth comb.
It's puzzling that there is no import mark no staghorn. just the eagle with what looks like bwb in the middle.

Like I said it's a neat gun I'm just not a fan of 9mm and I can't figure out why a new 8rd factory mag is $80.00!
If I were to trade it for a usp45 it would have to have a lot of extras or trade + cash.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Take some pictures of the gun for us if possible.
Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
p7

Just so you don't do anything too crazy...I've got a Tactical in .45 with all the goodies that I would trade. No pressure...that would be a much closer trade than just a USP.

Just a thought but you can pm me or email (in profile) if interested.

Sorry about your loss.:eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
No date and no date code. And I've been over this pistol with a fine tooth comb.
It's puzzling that there is no import mark no staghorn. just the eagle with what looks like bwb in the middle.
Just a guess here... but this might have been not proofed by/in "ULM" but rather with the military........ (they don't get shipped to Ulm for proofing... but a government worker goes to the company to do this)
does it look like the commercial eagle you see on other HK's or does the eagle have "drooping" wings ???

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts

Like I said it's a neat gun I'm just not a fan of 9mm and I can't figure out why a new 8rd factory mag is $80.00!
If I were to trade it for a usp45 it would have to have a lot of extras or trade + cash.
Where is the mag release? Is it a button at the base of the trigger guard on each side, or is it a lever at the back of the mag well on the back side of the grip? If it's on the bottom, you have a P7 or P7 PSP, not a P7M8. Check out the P7 area in the World of HK from the HKPro.com home page, and also hkp7.com has a lot of good info on them.

If you have a P7 or P7PSP, it might be about equal in value to a USP or USP tactical depending on condition, but if its a P7M8 will have a little more value right now, as the market is flooded with refurb P7s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
While I had the same thought.....
I doubt that any of these M8's made it in the country without any Import marks

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I sure wouldn't get rid of it for anything!! It belonged to your Grandfather, you will never be able to replace it just for semenital reasons alone!!! TJ

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do not get rid of the gun. Scrimp & save for whatever new whiz-bang super auto gun you want, but hang on to the P7.

It's a gun, like a USP is a gun. A Rolex is a watch, like a Casio is a watch.

Get my drift?

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is just my opinnion, if you had not inherited the gun you would be saving for the usp any how! so just continue saving and keep the p7, it will always be more valuable than a new gun and you will have a piece of family history to pass down to the next shooter in you're family.
Bob.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts