HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my P30SK V1 today. Took my son and his girlfriend along too. Initial impressions are the LEM is good but different. A few times I missed the reset and had a dead trigger. Also with the break being so far back it was causing some trigger finger fatigue. Accuracy was phenomenal. I just need more time with it to speed up on the follow-up shots and master that reset.

We also brought my P30L V3. Minus the first DA shot on the P30L I’m still more comfortable with that. I’m already pretty much convinced (like the majority), LEM for carry and V3 for the range. Have a holster for the P30SK on the way. Plan is to have it share CCW duties with my trusty Gen3 Glock 26.

Even with my initial minor criticisms I must say I’m very happy I bought this P30SK V1. My son’s girlfriend absolutely fell in love with it. My son, not so much. Funny how we all have our preferences.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
598 Posts
I carry my P30sk v1 daily, the LEM does take some getting used to. I would recommend trying the 13rd magazines for it, almost the same overall length as the 1ords but a much more solid purchase for your pinky (and 3 more rds)

·
Registered
807 Posts
I initially liked my LEM triggers, but I don't like them at all now.

Reactions: Krimbo

·
Banned
21 Posts
My primary carry guns are an HK45 and a P30 both with light LEM triggers. Both are excellent out of the box, and you certainly don't need to do anything to them other than shoot them in my judgment. If you really want a striker-fired gun or a single action gun, then buy one. But if the idea of a pre-cocked, light DAO trigger with a relatively short reset appeals to you, then give it a try. I think it is just about perfect for my purposes, meaning defensive carry.

I have a number of pistols, including a VP9, various Glocks, 1911's, etc. I think the H&K light LEM trigger is the bees knees.

ETA: Both run like sewing machines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All! First post!

I have a VP9 and just ordered a P30 With the ambi safety and de cocker. I did my best to research the different systems and concluded that the LEM is a great system particularly for a carry gun especially if one practices with it.

My use is primarily at the range with my teen age son and really prefer having a de-cocker, so I went that route. I use the de cocker on my CZ75BD constantly.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
My primary carry guns are an HK45 and a P30 both with light LEM triggers. Both are excellent out of the box, and you certainly don't need to do anything to them other than shoot them in my judgment. If you really want a striker-fired gun or a single action gun, then buy one. But if the idea of a pre-cocked, light DAO trigger with a relatively short reset appeals to you, then give it a try. I think it is just about perfect for my purposes, meaning defensive carry.

I have a number of pistols, including a VP9, various Glocks, 1911's, etc. I think the H&K light LEM trigger is the bees knees.

ETA: Both run like sewing machines.
Yawn. Old scammer same tricks.

Font Terrestrial plant Darkness Number Screenshot

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I carry my P30sk v1 daily, the LEM does take some getting used to. I would recommend trying the 13rd magazines for it, almost the same overall length as the 1ords but a much more solid purchase for your pinky (and 3 more rds)
Mine actually came factory new with one 13rd magazine and one 10rd magazine with the extension. I plan on carrying it IWB appendix with the 13rd magazine so I shot it yesterday primarily with that magazine. However I would like to get at least one flush 10rd magazine for it. I’m gonna try to grab two more 13rd magazines as those seem the best for my needs.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LEM is a great trigger system . I've got it on several of my HK's . Maybe if your skill level shooting pistols is kinda low maybe not so much .
I think it’s absolutely a great system for a CCW. I do not regret the purchase one bit. Actually, when I saw it at my LGS I immediately left and came back with my V3 P30S to trade towards it. I just need to stop shooting it like a Glock because it’s not. I think that is because with the LEM I found I prefer a quick follow through. I get to the wall as quick as possible. So, in my mind it does mimic a striker fired pistol much more than a DA.

As far as skill level with the LEM, my son’s girlfriend is a relatively new shooter and she actually bonded very quickly with the LEM. For the entire shooting session she choose it over my son’s PPQ Tactical and even more so over my P30L V3. I would of bet the farm that she would of shot the PPQ Tactical better than the P30SK. Could of been other factors at play too such as differences in size, ergonomics, and sights.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Having been raised, like the vast majority of us, on locked and cocked ,safety on carry ( mostly 1911’s) I had to retrain before then carrying a P7 for years concealed. When the price skyrocketed I retired my favorite and went to a P30SK with the LEM. It was a whole New World and required retraining again ,although the transition from the draw-squeeze-fire to the LEM draw-fire was much smoother than it was to go from the carrying locked and cocked ,safety on to the squeeze Cocker P7. Training on any new system is essential for safety and proficiency ESPECIALLY UNDER DURESS. The old saying is “SHOOT WHAT YOU CARRY AND CARRY WHAT YOU SHOOT . The LEM is not for everyone but it is a fantastic system. And good , consistent training will bring you to a level of confidence in the system for you to face any situation.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Like DevilDog, I tried the LEM on a P30L I had…ended up selling it and sticking to the DA/SA.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I initially liked my LEM triggers, but I don't like them at all now.
It's just not a CZ trigger
CZ also builds some hammer fired pistols with triggers that are as bad or worse than HK.
IMO, the LEM system is kind of a funky attempt at making a hybrid Hammer/Striker Fire,
and it doesn't do either very well. I think LEM Sucks.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I like the concept of LEM, had two. 1 P30 & 1 P30 SK V1 Lite LEM.
Also had the P30 upgrade with GG SRT system and still couldn’t get use to it. I wanted to like it, but couldn’t in the end.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shot my P30SK V1 today. Took my son and his girlfriend along too. Initial impressions are the LEM is good but different. A few times I missed the reset and had a dead trigger. Also with the break being so far back it was causing some trigger finger fatigue. Accuracy was phenomenal. I just need more time with it to speed up on the follow-up shots and master that reset.

We also brought my P30L V3. Minus the first DA shot on the P30L I’m still more comfortable with that. I’m already pretty much convinced (like the majority), LEM for carry and V3 for the range. Have a holster for the P30SK on the way. Plan is to have it share CCW duties with my trusty Gen3 Glock 26.

Even with my initial minor criticisms I must say I’m very happy I bought this P30SK V1. My son’s girlfriend absolutely fell in love with it. My son, not so much. Funny how we all have our preferences. View attachment 330331
After years of shooting DA/SA, My first LEM trigger was on my USP 45 with a short reset. I liked it so much I bought a P30SK with LEM. I liked it but didn’t like the longer reset and how my finger drags down in the trigger guard groove near the mag release paddles. I added the Gray Guns short reset and their straight trigger. In my opinion it turned a good gun into a great gun. There is a guy on YouTube that posted a video of him doing the same to his full size P30 if you wanna look it up

·
Registered
23 Posts
After years of shooting DA/SA, My first LEM trigger was on my USP 45 with a short reset. I liked it so much I bought a P30SK with LEM. I liked it but didn’t like the longer reset and how my finger drags down in the trigger guard groove near the mag release paddles. I added the Gray Guns short reset and their straight trigger. In my opinion it turned a good gun into a great gun. There is a guy on YouTube that posted a video of him doing the same to his full size P30 if you wanna look it up

Even with my initial minor criticisms I must say I’m very happy I bought this P30SK V1. My son’s girlfriend absolutely fell in love with it. My son, not so much. Funny how we all have our preferences. View attachment 330331
Here is the link to that video I was talking about

1 - 20 of 21 Posts