HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New HK 416 builder here looking to build a near CAG clone and I need some input on what to do with these commercial buffer tubes not fitting my B5 or LMT sopmod stocks. I've read through the forums, some people have good luck with them fitting, some don't. I for one was not fortunate to have a good fit as it gets very stuck.

I bought a black comm spec tube for pretty cheap, but then a few days later I found a brand new tano buffer tube, also comm-spec. Not doing enough research about buffer tubes has led me to now having two commercial spec buffer tubes and no compatible fitting sopmods.

So, my questions to anyone out there who has ever built a CAG clone is:

Do I keep the comm-spec buffer tubes and go on the hunt for a Magpul CTR Commercial stock (FDE) to match the tano? I know this will be a tought stock to find.

Or

Sell both buffer tubes and get the mil-spec version and happily use my LMT sopmod, but no tano tube :/ ?- FYI - I love my sopmods.

Or....

Do the naughty and get a mil-spec Geissele or Colt tano tube? - I have a Geissele DDC SMR rail so one could say the front now matches the rear.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Put em in a box for another build. Go with the Geissele DDC milspec. Easiest way if your not sure how to tell look at the back end of buffer tube. If its slanted 99% its gonna be commercial. Straight end is milspec.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I think this question was up earlier and geissele DDC tube was recommended. Which is what I used for my build, I went with elite series cerakote and am very satisfied with the result.

Gun Firearm Rifle Assault rifle Trigger

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use a Geissele DDC but I also have an enhanced HK milspec tube I tanodized. It didn't come out very tan though

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did what everybody else said and bought a Geissele DDC buffer tube. I thought about having tanodizing but it's a rather expensive for such a small item.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts