HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I am debating between a p30 and a p2000v3 for a compact UC/off-duty CCW. For those of you with a p30, do you find it concealable? According to HK’s website the p30 is 6.99” x 5.43.” This seems to be compact length but full sized service pistol height, and, incidentally, is exactly the same height as the GLOCK 17 which is certainly not a pistol I associate with concealability.

For a compact CCW, would I be better served with a p2000 which is 7.00” x 5.04” (almost exactly GLOCK 19 size)? The p2000 is also a tiny bit slimmer and lighter than the p30 and appears to have much smaller sights.

For those of you who own both, is the p30 noticeably bigger or harder to conceal? I have searched HKpro but can’t find a comparison picture between the p2000 and p30; do any of you have one you would be willing to post?

As always, thanks for your input.

Regards,

AmicusCuriae

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a Glock 23 with my P30 in a picture under this thread:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71759

The P30 has a longer grip than the USPc or P2000 models. I would think the grip from the P30 wouldn't print as bad for CCW. With all the interchangable panels you can make the grip have a small profile all around. Hopefully I'll have a holster for the P30 soon. It's a great gun and you wouldn't be disappointed.

I have a P2000SK which is accurate, reliable, and again has great ergonomics because of the interchangable back-strap.

You should definately check out both before buying one for CCW. The P2000 has a shorter grip and it may conceal better than the P30. This of course is a matter of personal preference and one's body structure.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I have both and a G19. I have no problem hiding the P30 and it is about the size of the G19. Although I won't have both much longer I sold the P2k to someone here on this site because I favor the P30 so much.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I used to carry P2000 as CCW, when I bought P30 I sold my P2000. P30 is from carry point of view P30 is not different from P2000 but deliver more capacity and better ergonomy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm still interested to see the comparison between the P2000 and P30. I own a P2000 and I love it. However I never seen/held a P30 in person. I'm guessing the only difference is the grip frame...but Im a noob so Im probably wrong

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have both the P30 and the P2000 in .40 and have no intention of getting rid of the P2000 - the P30 is nice but so is having a .40 of exceptional quality. I also owned a Glock 19, a solid performer. All three are more than adequate for concealed carry and the P30's longer grip is not a show stopper by any stretch. Concealability of a handgun is largely a factor of your choice of holster and clothing.

The P30's interchangeable side grip panels and backstrap ensure that this gun is going to fit well in virtually anyone's hands. The stock self luminating sights are bright, and the gun is as you would expect from HK, well-designed, accurate and trouble-free. Would I have gotten rid of my P2000 if it was a 9mm to get the P30? I really don't think so. The P2000 is an outstanding weapon as designed and while there are things that are better on the P30 (the larger mag release lever, shallow finger grooves and higher capacity as three examples), they fall more into the category of nice to have vs. must have. Your mileage may differ.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The P2000 would be smaller, but no matter how small a pistol is it won't matter if you don't dress for it. You can conceal a P30 too, you just have to learn how to dress around it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
After reading this thread I went and compared the feel of my P2000 to my P30. Since I elected to install the small flat side panels on my P30 and the P2000 already has essentially small grip panels designed into the gun , the difference is negligible at best. I do however prefer the P30's shallow finger grooves. That's very nice. As for concealability, both do a great disappearing act in my Comp-tac MTAC IWB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts