HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions for quality HK armorers to install my 10-8 sights on my VP9s?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im sure some hk armorers will speak up, or someone will point you in their direction soon.

But, if I may, any competent gunsmith should be able to drift your sights. Does swapping the sights by someone other than a certified armorer void any warranties?

Another option, Im sure, may be to send it to hk themselves. Theyd probably drift your sights.

·
Priest of the P7
4,797 Posts
You could do it yourself or Toosixy does it for free. If you want a cert HK armorer pm Marine0303 (James/Teufelshund Tactical).

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could do it yourself or Toosixy does it for free. If you want a cert HK armorer pm Marine0303 (James/Teufelshund Tactical).
I think TooSixy has stopped offering this courtesy -- at least, I vaguely recall seeing that somehwere.

I contacted Marine0303 first. He said that the 10-8 sights require too much fitting, which I had not heard before. I trust what he has to say. If that's the case, then I do only want to entrust this work to an armorer. I don't live in an area where there are many firearms-related resources, so I don't want to entrust my HKs to someone blindly. I'd rather pay for shipping & handling than get my slides back all scratched and nicked up.

Marine0303 has given me a recommendation, which I'll try.

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Send to Steve Trottier at Tooltech Gunsight or Gary McVetty at Amerigun USA. Both are Trijicon custom shops. Both individuals have done sight installations on my H&K USP's with flawless results. They know what they are doing, and have done it for decades.

Rick Holm at Lazy Wolf Guns also gets great reviews for sight installations, as does Marine0303 (James).

I do not recommend doing this yourself if you have never tried it before, and the 10-8 sight specifically I have heard requires fitting more often than not. Send it to a professional, and have the peace of mind it was done right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I completely understand wanting to leave it to the professionals. These things arent cheap.

When I send guns out for work, I snap a few photos of them beforehand to have something to cover my own if they mess anything up. The problem is always with sentimental value. Even an honest mistake, as they do happen, is hard to quantify in dollars.

I hope the contact you found is to your satisfaction. I am proud to say, in The U.S., we have many talented businesses and individuals to rely on.

Either way, if you have the time, id love to see some photos of the finished product. I really like the 10-8s.

My sight pusher, and all the shoes for different slides, cost ~$1,000. That, patience, a few different angles of safe sided files, patience, good lighting, patience, and some manner of which to reapply finish to the area where material was removed from the sight only (i try to always modify the least expensive/most replaceable part to fit) allows for an easier go at drifting sights, Having the right tools for the job makes all the difference, and if youre not drifting multiple sights a day, the expense isnt worth it. That and the headaches are worth something to not have, ha!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts