HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm picking up my HK45 soon, and I was going to attempt to install the overtravel trigger from the USP match trigger kit on my HK45.

I was wondering if you HK45 owners and USP owners could field strip your guns and take a look and see if this should work. What Im looking for is to see if the triggers are the same, and if the rest of the guts look similar enough that I could use the USP guide to take down the HK45.

I was also wondering if there was a way to get the trigger out of a HK45 without removing the trigger bar...since it appears as if I have to tear down the entire frame to get the trigger bar out.

Any help on this?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
337 Posts
I researched this myself and was told all the parts will fit except for the trigger - it's too long and hits the trigger guard. Carefully shave it down a hair shorter and your good-to-go.

Please remember that I have not done this myself. I was just interested in getting a match trigger myself (My HK45 is on lay-away) so I searched around this forum and others.

I’m hoping HK has match trigger kits & V9 configuration parts available soon for the HK45.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I researched this myself and was told all the parts will fit except for the trigger - it's too long and hits the trigger guard. Carefully shave it down a hair shorter and your good-to-go.

Please remember that I have not done this myself. I was just interested in getting a match trigger myself (My HK45 is on lay-away) so I searched around this forum and others.

I’m hoping HK has match trigger kits & V9 configuration parts available soon for the HK45.
Let us know how this works out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My HK45 will be coming in tomorrow and I'll still have my tac so hopefully I can compare them.

I'd have no problem taking some material off of the trigger for it to work.

The HK45 breaks very similar to the USP match trigger, the only big difference is the overtravel stop. Aside from that, I really dont think the HK45 needs a match trigger.

Any ideas on the take down though?

I dont wanna tear up the HK45 only to find out that the USP guide is gonna leave me up sh*t creek.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Why not just pull the trigger off, drill and tap a hole, add a set screw, and bob's your uncle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts