HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Texas,

Just to start off, my first gun I shot was a Beretta 92. Then I became a fan of revolvers and glocks. I tried the beretta Px4 storm and I hated it. You can probably tell I like crisp triggers.

Why am I interested in the HK p30?

Polymer so lighter.
DA/SA with a decocker
I like the paddle release
Double stack
Ultra Reliable
Good Grip

My only concern is the trigger. Apparently the trigger pull is long and has a long reset as well. I really disliked this on my Px4 storm.

In my mind, an HK p30 (with potentially a reduced reset) would be a perfect gun.

Has anyone tried the reduced reset carry package? I tried searching on this forum and haven't found someone that tried it and did an in-depth comparison. If not, yes then I could just get used to the trigger.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can let you know in the near future. I sent my P30 to lazy wolf guns for the Master short reset package, a new Trijicon HD sight, and the nickel finishing of the inside parts. I also have the slide at CCR refinishing to get the slide plated. I am sure I won't have the gun back before the end of February. I can give you an update then. I do love my P30 but wanted a better trigger. Can't wait....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, I had a P30 sent to Gray Guns for Reduced Reset Carry Perfection. I've since sold it, but have now an HK45 and P2000sk. $$ really isn't the object, but I'm not especially interested in Gray's work on these. I have no problem with stock SA/DA (the HK45), and the P2000Sk is light LEM and it is a superb trigger. I often shoot it side by side with buddy's VP9. We agree that we prefer the trigger on the P2000SK. Although, the VP9 certainly has the shorter reset, if that's your main interest. I've been tempted to convert the HK45 to light LEM, but honestly not enough to get it done. Love both of these. Throwing my trigger job money at leather and lead.

The Gray Guns Reduced Reset Carry Perfection work was fine, and reset noticeably shorter. If length of reset is important to you...then go for it.
For trigger perfection, I'll shoot 1911's.
For a great trigger on high capacity polymer, I'd shoot a PPQ. If needs to be SA/DA, then look at some SIGs.
But for my $$, and after having had reasonable exposure and access to handguns, I think HK offerings present the most preferable compromises of desirable features.
I think Gray's Reduced Reset Carry Perfection work is a minor improvement on a platform with an already excellent trigger.
If Glocks were good to go...then man, I think you're in for a treat with HKs.
You could probably find Hk's for rent at any range that has rentals, and I'd do that.

I feel a little bad with this response, b/c its almost entirely subjective and not the side by side comparison you're looking for.
I wish you the best of luck.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Hi, I had a P30 sent to Gray Guns for Reduced Reset Carry Perfection. I've since sold it, but have now an HK45 and P2000sk. $$ really isn't the object, but I'm not especially interested in Gray's work on these. I have no problem with stock SA/DA (the HK45), and the P2000Sk is light LEM and it is a superb trigger. I often shoot it side by side with buddy's VP9. We agree that we prefer the trigger on the P2000SK. Although, the VP9 certainly has the shorter reset, if that's your main interest. I've been tempted to convert the HK45 to light LEM, but honestly not enough to get it done. Love both of these. Throwing my trigger job money at leather and lead.

The Gray Guns Reduced Reset Carry Perfection work was fine, and reset noticeably shorter. If length of reset is important to you...then go for it.
For trigger perfection, I'll shoot 1911's.
For a great trigger on high capacity polymer, I'd shoot a PPQ. If needs to be SA/DA, then look at some SIGs.
But for my $$, and after having had reasonable exposure and access to handguns, I think HK offerings present the most preferable compromises of desirable features.
I think Gray's Reduced Reset Carry Perfection work is a minor improvement on a platform with an already excellent trigger.
If Glocks were good to go...then man, I think you're in for a treat with HKs.
You could probably find Hk's for rent at any range that has rentals, and I'd do that.

I feel a little bad with this response, b/c its almost entirely subjective and not the side by side comparison you're looking for.
I wish you the best of luck.
Curious why you sold the P30? The Gray Guns work wasn't a noticeable improvement?

·
Registered
44 Posts
P30 was chambered .40SW, and I grew to prefer 9mm and .45 ACP.
Also, was the only Hk I've owned (have owned USPs, and P2000's, in addition to those mentioned) in which the mag would inadvertently drop during firing unless I was exceptionally mindful of trigger finger placement during fire. I've read a couple other accounts of this, but the first I'd experienced. Also, I'm not pointing at GGI's work as the cause of that issue.

On triggers...I think all currently produced HK triggers are FINE, even great. I think Gray's work is an incremental improvement, not a major one.
My P30 was standard LEM prior to send off. Now that I've shot light LEM, I'm not super inclined to have Gray's work done.
I'd also say that while reset was short, it was not super tactile or assertive...I think it suffered slightly in those areas, in comparison to stock.

I constantly send guns here and there, for this and that upgrade...had I not had one at Gray's already and experienced the incremental improvements, I would likely still be interested. But I've been there, done that, it's fine and possibly worth it if reset length is a primary metric for trigger quality.
But for me...its a very incremental improvement, not major.
I'm repeating myself, but if trigger is a primary motive (understandable, depending on goals), and you want the best of the best for triggers...then I'd likely start with a great 1911.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Has anyone tried the reduced reset carry package? I
All of mine have it. Depends on what you want to do with a gun. For range or carry, not needed or worth it. To squeeze every bit of a performance out of it and minimize short-stroking potential, yes.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Would highly recommend you get 1000 rounds down range on the factory trigger.
Before even considering any third party work.
Particularly if the intended purpose is self defense.

I've had my DA/SA guns converted to Light LEM/Match LEM Hybrid.
And tuned my LEM triggers with Hk OEM springs.
For carry they are great.

Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the reduced reset carry package done on my DA/SA V3 P30L by Lazy Wolf Guns. Reset was reduced considerably and also became more positive. I was having a few issues with false positive resets previously. I had shot more than 1,500 rounds previous to having it worked on and the trigger break was good at that point. I wasn't going to send it in until I shot my friends who had his done and loved how short and positive the reset was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts