HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be interesting to some of you people.

My favorite gunmagazine had a coverstory about a SL8 conversion into 6,8 SPC which looks extremly interesting, from my newbie point of view.

This is a scan from the first page of the article, if it's not allowed/legal to post this then feel free to delete the pic.

And excuse the german in the scan. ;)

I just wanted to share this.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Thanks for the post and welcome to HKPRO.

It looks like a promising and interesting caliber package.

:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm thinking of making this my first long gun when I get my permit, which sadly is still about a year from now. :|

Although that'll help with getting the cash for both the SL8 and the conversion. ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
WHERE CAN I GET THOSE STOCKS .... THERE HOT !!!

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
nice pic, thanks for sharing!

btw - does anyone know if a 6.8 spc or 6.5 grendel fit into the single stack
SL8 magazine?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Awesome gun now combined with awesome caliber! Now, I can say, that is the right direction H&K must do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
They need to do the 6.8 in the 416/417 immediately. Grab a foothold on the market ASAP.

·
Registered
93 Posts
maybe if they make it, us lowly civie's can get enough parts to convert our's to 6.8?! anyone have any thoughts about what parts would have to be replaced to convert a 5.56mm SL8 to a 6.8spc one? As a new SL8 owner(sitting at the FFL) I for one plan to sink some $ into making mine as modular as possible...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Myspace has a lot of virus's on it! I wouldn't frequent it!

Myspace has a lot of Virus's on it! I don't recommend frequenting it much.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That top SL8 gives me wood... :p
The bottom one gave me the complete opposite effect. When is the "lets put an M4 stock on everything" going to end? It really is getting old. The M4 stocks are great on AR's, even if the UMP stock looks better on them if they would only function. The top one is pretty cool. If I had time I would translate the article to see if HK is making it or it is another modification.

·
Registered
522 Posts
My poor attempt at translating the article shows that the conversion is done by someone well known in the German firearms community, named Dirk Klopsch. I found his website but the page on SL8 tuning has no caliber conversion listed. For the most part the article only talks about the converting of the SL8 to a larger caliber as a better choice over.

>_> thats about as much as I got from the article. I could be entirely wrong about this and chased a wild goose.

This is his site, and below is the SL8 tuning page.

http://www.blackhawkindustries.de/index.html

http://www.blackhawkindustries.de/Waffenangebote/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts