HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
search produced no results...
Schiess und Weasel is having a huge run of locking mechanisim failures with their internallock style revolvers...
where can i find detail photos/parts breakdown of the lock in my new P2K ?
i would like to see how its designed before i spend another cent on the gun or more ammo ...
anyone had the gun 'selflock" on any model/caliber of H&K pistol ?

·
Registered
802 Posts
HK's internal lock fail all of time especially in the hands of idiot gun shop employees that can't read the big red sign HK wraps around the gun. Simply lock the gun, then forcefully rack the slide and the gun will fire like normal. The only indication that the lock failed is if the hammer is back, the mag won't drop free.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
S&W to H&K is apples to oranges. Two different makers, two different guns, two different locking mechanisms.
I've never heard of a failure of a HK locking system and frankly do not see how it could fail.
And an idiot trying to rack the slide with it in the locked position is not a failure of the part. That is a failure on the operator. You know what they say, make something idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
BTW, could anyone of you guys post some pics of that internal lock? I have never seen one in my whole life and couldn´t find any picture on the net!

H.Koch

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
There is a picture of it on near the last page of the USP and USPC manual. It looks just like a little circle with two holes in it. It is located on the inside of the mag well inside the lanyard loop. Nothing at all really.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but the pictures are useless to determine how it works and is constructed...
also , how would you remove.disable it ?

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Why would you disable a safety? Its so out of the way, it cant even bee seen. If you dont want to use it - leave it unlocked...period.

The schematics in your User Manual show the exploded view of the parts and their relationship to each other...the lines show placement of the parts, dont get any better.

·
Registered
802 Posts
All it does is block the hammer strut from moving....until you rack the gun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had this happen to my airweight S&W revolver. It was pretty much brand new. Sent it in and was fixed, but I had no idea this problem was so widespread.:45:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Internal lock FYI..

Not that I would ever use that lock; but for those who own a Swiss army knife, the end of the fish scaler blade (which I think is meant to remove a hook) fits the lock perfectly. Sometimes in the field you need to improvise.

Hard to beat a Swiss army knife;

ARKAY

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is a picture of it on near the last page of the USP and USPC manual.
Thanks for the hint BigBore! I found a pic in a P2000 manual. I have allways wondered what this lock-out device would look like, since "german" H&K handguns don´t have these.

H.Koch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts