HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am considering getting a MK 23 pistol. ive been "in" to HK's for almost a year now. I dont have any "real" hk's yet. i bought a bw-5 and got it exactly how i want it with a new 4 postion lower and all factory hk parts in it, and as soon as i turn 21 in Dec it will be getting sbr'd. so i saw a mk-23 atknob creek this past spring and thought they were really cool. i want to spend around $2500. and im thinking im either going to get a mk-23, or i can get a springfield socom 16 and a usp tactical. these are what i have been thinking about so far. so what do u guys think i should do? what would u do if u were me? u got any other suggestions for what u think i should buy.
Thanks for the help.
-Jason G

·
Registered
851 Posts
You can't go wrong with either the MK23 or Tactical 45. Pretty much depends on how comfortable each fits in your hands. You'll definitely have cash leftover if you shop around, especially in the Forsale section here on HKPro. Good luck!

·
Registered
221 Posts
for your personal collection or bragging rights the mk23 is one of the crowning pieces. from a shooting standpoint i hear you need big hands to operate it. until i get my hands on one i've held off in favor of other toys. but i'm still looking for my USSOCOM Stamped 23. I missed one a year and half ago and am still kicking myself over it...

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have always been infatuated by the Mark 23, but had never actually seen one in person, let alone fired one. Then, I had the rare opportunity to obtain a NIB one for a very low price. So, I bought it with the intention of looking, holding, and eventually selling after some time as sort of an investment.

But when I picked it up, I had to shoot it.

And when I shot it, my plans changed forever.

I will never part with my Mark 23.

YMMV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
RE:

Here's my long story, short version: about 10 years ago, give or take I did a trade for a Mark 23, (usp 45 tactical and 500 dollars), fell in love with it, but sold it later on due to the need to settle down and have a family. Not only did I give up what was a part of me long before the "ready made family" I went to be a part of, but the family part didn't accept any part of who I used to be... Needless to say, I went back to square 1...but I found the right opportunity to acquire one of the CCF import Mark 23 European (mil spec) models, complete with hard case and test target and it IS a tack driver. May not be a USSOCOM stamped model, and HK won't honor the warranty being a "European" model, but face it... the Mark 23 is built like a tank and unless there is carelessness involved or improper use of a supressor, I don't know of ANYONE that has had to have a repair done due to normal shooting... it's even made for amphibious operations as it is the same spec as the military models (not that we civies would have a need for such operations)... But even the standard Mark 23 is nothing to sneeze at. It's a tack driver as well, and if your hands are big enough to handle it, you'll never regret getting one. It's a beast, but a NICE beast to hold. Doesn't take the place of a woman by no means but it's certainly the next best thing if you don't have the woman.
PS: Value wise, you'll NEVER lose money on it if you look after it. Especially the way our society is going, soon they may outlaw even pistols with threaded barrels, as they did in CA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a chance to shoot a mk23 and then had to have it.
simple as that. It shoots like an extension of your will.
You will not be sorry.
btw, my hands are at best medium size and I have no problems with it.
best of luck

·
Registered
221 Posts
this is a double post HKX3 your other post is still on the other thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts